Comments

• That's nice and unexpected! He continues to pleasantly surprise.

To me, the cocked wah electric tone on this seems a bit thin and out of place for this kind of track.  I would have preferred a straight up, thick, neck pup, Les Paul tone ala Parisian Walkways.  

Is he putting out a new album soon?
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Smoking GunsSmoking Guns Posts: 4,552
    I agree and also it sounds like the acoustic was plugged in vs mic’d. Something sounds piezo - ish. This was just a one off for his friend Robert Evans that died a year ago. I loved the tone of the Les Paul when it first came in. 
  • I could see it becoming a live piece for him, the way PW was for Gary.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 2,041
    I always thought Slash had a great ear for phrasing and intonation on bends. 
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,655
    He always had a good melodic sense and the last decade his chops has really evolved leaps and bounds. This is bad ass in my opinion :+1: 

• Smoking GunsSmoking Guns Posts: 4,552
    Just noticed Dave changed my avatar to a guitar that looks just like my actual guitar lol. Thanks Dave!

in other news I ordered a Slash Les Paul Standard, Appetite Burst color. This is a Gibson USA guitar vs custom shop so they are offering it in left hand! So I pulled the trigger. I  so excited!!