NUX WIRELESS PRACTICE AMP

It's crazy!
Bloothoed to your phone, you send the music to the same playing device.
Stereo efects.

165 € (Thomann) 189$ (Amazon)

And the guy sounds well!

Comments

• My 15 years old me would be VERY happy sounding that way at that price on 1986.
  • If Pete Thonr likes it... you'll do it so.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,272
    edited September 2020
    This is the trend. I absolutely LOVE the Boss Waza Air headphones for the same reason --  plus no one can hear you practice. It is now my GO-TO Practice amp.  And of course the Spark uses the phone via bluetooth as well.

But Nux is a terrible name.
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • This is the trend. I absolutely LOVE the Boss Waza Air headphones for the same reason --  plus no one can hear you practice. It is now my GO-TO Practice amp.  And of course the Spark uses the phone via bluetooth as well.

But Nux is a terrible name.
    The boss it's incredible,(also, I love any boss piece of gear) but it doubles the price of the Nux. 
  • That's not surprising.  As I said, I think we're about to see a whole generation of these types of amps.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Well, if you already have all the pieces, that's the next step. 

Nux sells the wireless, the amp, the amp sim, drum machine... Put it all together and voila. 
  • Yeah. I think that's great, and I think you're gonna see more of this kind of thing. It's going to be comparatively cheap to produce because the amp doesn't have to create the tones. It just has to play them back well, like any Bluetooth speaker system. Sure bigger speakers of higher quality will make a difference, but all of the tone is coming from the software rather than the hardware.  

Spark does all of this and more, but doesn't yet have it's own wireless transmitter/receiver (though I can run it wireless through my Xvive.) What it doesn't have is the wireless headphone aspect that the Boss headhones have. What the Boss doesn't have are the number of amps and effects the Spark has -- though it has enough for what I want to do.
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    When they come out with a truly portable Spark (battery powered) ala the Yamaha THR/BOSS Katana series, I'll be all over it.....