Because It's Been a Couple of Months...

NGD for me, Taylor 327e style. And no, Dave, this doesn't increase the number because I sold two. I'm actually down one! I took advantage of a local dealer's Summer 10% off sale, and when it comes to Taylors, that's a pretty significant savings.

Top is Mahogany, back and sides are Tasmanian Blackwood. The sound is much richer, more complex than the typical Spruce top guitar. This is the Grand Pacific body shape and has Taylor's new V bracing.

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!

Comments

• StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    How does it sound? I hear good things about that new V bracing system....
  • It's got that Gibson J-45 look to it, but with the Taylor bridge and pickguard. 
    Enjoy.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • If it sounds as good as it looks... wow. Beautiful instrument, congrats. 
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,293
    Stitsel said:
    How does it sound? I hear good things about that new V bracing system....
    It's sweet, very rich and full. Within a few minutes of having it home, it sounded like a guitar that's been played for many years.

If it sounds as good as it looks... wow. Beautiful instrument, congrats. 
    Better, I think. It makes a good contrast to my Spruce topped GS8.

It's got that Gibson J-45 look to it, but with the Taylor bridge and pickguard. 
    Enjoy.
    That's one of the things that attracted me to this series. I've never found a J-45 that I thought sounded very good, except for one about 20 years ago and I couldn't afford it back then.
  • JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,144
    That is beautiful Chirs!! 
    I love Taylor!
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    A very cool guitar my friend. I've seen Blackwood used for fingerboards on high end boutique guitars. It's supposed to be much like Ebony in it's tonality. Some what akin to Maple but slightly less bright while retaining Maple's string definition. Do you have any pictures of the back and sides?
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,655
    Beautiful instrument! Congrats :) 
    inmyhands said:
    A very cool guitar my friend. I've seen Blackwood used for fingerboards on high end boutique guitars. It's supposed to be much like Ebony in it's tonality. Some what akin to Maple but slightly less bright while retaining Maple's string definition. Do you have any pictures of the back and sides?
    Because you asked, Rick. The one on the left is the new 327e, the one on the right is my 360e 12 string I bought last year. Same wood combination, but the new one is much prettier, I think.

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    Indeed. Much nicer. Very cool. I also like the black / graphite look of the tuners and strap peg. It kind of carries on the "Blackwood" theme.
    inmyhands said:
    Indeed. Much nicer. Very cool. I also like the black / graphite look of the tuners and strap peg. It kind of carries on the "Blackwood" theme.
    Yes! And a black suede strap completes the look.