Diana Rigg Dies at 82

According to CNN, actress Diana Rigg has died. She was 82. Diana is best remembered for her role as Emma Peel in the 1960's spy TV show "The Avengers". She was a Bond Girl. She also played Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/entertainment/diana-rigg-dead-avengers-gbr-intl/index.html

RIP.

I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

Comments

• Yep. I remember her from The Avengers.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • I thought she was hot as hell when I saw that Bond movie, when I was a kid. On her majesty’s secret service, iirc.

she was also one of my favorite characters on Game of Thrones. Glad to see she had a long and cool career.
  • 82 is not a bad run, but that's sad nonetheless. I watched The Avengers so many times as a kid... I loved that series. Mrs Peel and her Lotus Elan were the epitome of swinging '60s English coolness. And what a cutie:  

RIP. 

• StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    edited September 2020
    Awwww that sucks.She was smokin'  hot back in the day.Great run indeed.

There was a local band from the Seattle area that made the big time with their hit song "Emma Peel" .....the Allies, if I  remember correctly....

RIP Diana Rigg
    Post edited by Stitsel on
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,939
    She was class and a half that lady RIP The Dame
  • Elegant, sassy, intelligent, beautiful they don't make them like her any more.  Her character in GoT was a real scene stealer.  RIP