Unsubscribe from a thread

Is there any chance that we could have this plugin installed on the site to enable us to unsubscribe from a specific thread?

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/unsubscribediscussion-plugin

It seems that once you make a comment, you are forever subscribed to that thread and doomed to receive notifications for all eternity. Under normal circumstances, that would be ok (and useful) but with threads that are ongoing for years, you get swamped with notifications from it because you made a single comment weeks/months/years ago.
"Practice cures most tone issues"
- John Suhr

Comments

• Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,266
    edited August 2020
    If you wanna volunteer to be a DRG Admin, I'd happily let you do that and perhaps fix a few other things that are beyond my technical expertise.  ;)  

FWIW, I don't get any notifications, so I think that's just an existing preference setting. But being able to ignore certain threads would be good.
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,310
    There’s a setting for that, I think. I don’t get notifications either. Let me check on my computer later today and I’ll let you know.
  • Andy GAndy G Posts: 1,103
    If you wanna volunteer to be a DRG Admin, I'd happily let you do that and perhaps fix a few other things that are beyond my technical expertise.  ;)  

FWIW, I don't get any notifications, so I think that's just an existing preference setting. But being able to ignore certain threads would be good.
    I don't think I'd be much use as an admin - I don't seem to have much/any free time these days :/

But maybe there is an existing setting that will work as you said.

There’s a setting for that, I think. I don’t get notifications either. Let me check on my computer later today and I’ll let you know.
    Thanks! Just looking at the notification preferences, I see you can switch off notifications for threads that you've participated in, but also separately receive notifications for something that you bookmark. So it could work to simply bookmark the specific threads you want and the rest will be ignored. I suppose that could work.
    "Practice cures most tone issues"
    - John Suhr
  • Yeah, there's a setting for that here in your user section where you can click it off.  
    "These riffs were built to last a lifetime." Keith Richards B)

BDR-529  

Member:
    Squier Army
    Schecter Society

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    Yeah, I have not gotten notifications from this site for well over 10 years.