i took a deal..

2»

Comments

• LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,782
    That thing is killer looking. If it plays as well as it looks and sounds as well as it looks, that will be hard for you to flip. 
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,638
    LerxstFan said:
    That thing is killer looking. If it plays as well as it looks and sounds as well as it looks, that will be hard for you to flip. 
    i didn't buy it to flip!  really.  i was just surprised i got offered the deal!  usually stores are relectant to discount a NEW big name guitar that drastically.  i just couldn't pass it up. i've always wanted one, but the production models don't have all the specs i want.  they're, as Dave said, "a Telecaster with a Broadcaster decal".  and, normally, custom shop money is out of consideration for me.  those guitars are nice, but maybe not $4500 nice, ya know?  this was just a unique opportunity.
    That's even cooler. I am crossing my fingers that it will be as bad ass as it looks. I don't usually care for relic'ed guitars, but that one is pretty bad ass.   I find it hard to understand the pricing structure of Fender Custom Shop models, but then prices for everything seem to be crazy.

edited July 2020

also, if anyone is interested in the history of very early era Esquires, Broadcasters, Nocasters, and Telecasters, you could do worse than to pick one of these up.  i've been lucky to count Ignacio Baños as a friend for 20+ years, and he was WAAAY ahead of the curve on the collectibility and history of these instruments.  at one time, Nacho owned 5 Broadcasters, none of which he paid more than $10k for.  given the current selling price, he did very well for himself.  these books are long out of print, but readily available secondhand.  i bought two of the first five he ever shipped, in 2005.  i even got custom serial #s on mine.  lol  it's really an incredible journey, here.  in the book, he disassembles and photographs every possible detail.  the book is beautifully shot.  some of the photos of these old guitars are breathtaking.
    Post edited by bourbonsamurai on
    if these kinda guitar deals keep coming, i'm going to end up owning a FEW FCS Blackguards.  
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,807
    Compensated nut, maybe?

Looks killer, even on a reliced (usually, I don't like reliced guitars).
    Compensated nut, maybe?

i'll have a new nut installed.  one of my local freinds is a killer luthier, and he's got that game on LOCK.  likely the only mod i'll do with this guitar
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,283
    Yeah, most companies place the nut wrong Even when I got the SA, my guy said "the fretscale is perfect, but the nut is in the wrong place."
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,293
    SWEET!! Congrats, and play it in good health!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
    Compensated nut, maybe?

i'll have a new nut installed.  one of my local freinds is a killer luthier, and he's got that game on LOCK.  likely the only mod i'll do with this guitar
    There probably isn't a single competent lutier or guitar tech within 100 miles of me. I am jealous of you guys that have trustworthy guys to go to.