A repair nightmare.

2»

Comments

• Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,283
    Well, it's truly a personal preference thing, but you can go to the SD website and see the frequency specs and listen to the associated clips yourself.  The YJM and the Hot Stack Plus have similar output specs. They're just voiced differently.

FWIW, I'm actually liking the Hot Stack Plus now. It's quite not as ballsy as a true sc like the QP, but it's also not noisy like the QP either. If I didn't care about the LOOK of the thing, I might have gone with a Rails or non-stacked/single coil space HB.

I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,144
    edited July 2020
    Dave, He is on 141st and Riverside, a major schlep to be sure but really worth it.

Tatosh, my point is that the YJM isn't bright enough. It seems to lack something, but TBH I haven't spent much time with it yet. 

Post edited by Joebuddha on
    Thanks, Joe. I think Richard Stanley is retiring or retired. Gonna need a NYC guy eventually.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Andy GAndy G Posts: 1,110
    Sorry to hear about your experience with this Joe - I've heard too many similar stories :anguished: 
    "Practice cures most tone issues"
    - John Suhr
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,323
    edited July 2020
    Well, it's truly a personal preference thing, but you can go to the SD website and see the frequency specs and listen to the associated clips yourself.  The YJM and the Hot Stack Plus have similar output specs. They're just voiced differently.

FWIW, I'm actually liking the Hot Stack Plus now. It's quite not as ballsy as a true sc like the QP, but it's also not noisy like the QP either. If I didn't care about the LOOK of the thing, I might have gone with a Rails or non-stacked/single coil space HB.

I listened to some of the clips. I could honestly go with either and probably be happy, but I am not sure if the way they record those is really a good way of judging what they bring to the table.

I am strongly leaning for that hot stack plus on the bridge, and some of the same family for the other positions. I want it to still sound like a strat, but hum cancelling, of course. I can tell Rails on recordings a mile away and I don't like them, plus I don't like the way they look either. Like you, the visual part is as important as the sound. I am thinking Uli, Blackmore, early Yngwie, both on looks and tone.
    Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    My DiMarzio Paul Gilbert Injectors (high output single coils, bridge & neck) just came today....they're going in my black project Strat..... will review after I get it back & a bit of playing....
    edited July 2020
    I listened to some of the clips. I could honestly go with either and probably be happy, but I am not sure if the way they record those is really a good way of judging what they bring to the table.

I am strongly leaning for that hot stack plus on the bridge, and some of the same family for the other positions. I want it to still sound like a strat, but hum cancelling, of course. I can tell Rails on recordings a mile away and I don't like them, plus I don't like the way they look either. Like you, the visual part is as important as the sound. I am thinking Uli, Blackmore, early Yngwie, both on looks and tone.
    If you want, I can get on Zoom with you, and let you hear them through the Spark. Not that the Zoom audio fidelity will be great, but you should be able to hear how the pup's frequency response performs in a Dino context. And I can change the amp models around if you need to hear higher or lower gain.

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,807
    Kinmans? 
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,323
    If you want, I can get on Zoom with you, and let you hear them through the Spark. Not that the Zoom audio fidelity will be great, but you should be able to hear how the pup's frequency response performs in a Dino context. And I can change the amp models around if you need to hear higher or lower gain.

Thanks for the offer. Might be a good idea. I'll let you know for sure.