NTD

That stands for New THEREMIN Day!

Father's Day loot from my family included a cool little Theremin, which actually sounds pretty good through some delay and reverb. Also pictured is a sound wave print of "Whole Lotta Love" and a mini Page doubleneck. I also got "Tangerine," "Stairway to Heaven," and "Thank You" prints, and hiding in the background are a classic Cheap Trick t shirt and a University of Georgia Hairy Dawg Funko Pop. I love my family so much, they know me so well and they GET me!
Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    Congratulations Chris on the cool gifts your family gave you.

What would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and found that college dog thing standing on your chest staring down at you?

Have you ever played a Theremin before? I'm guessing you'd have to learn to play it on your own. At least here in Missouri I don't see any ads for Theremin instructors.

A bit of delay and reverb will make anything sound good. :)
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,292
    inmyhands said:
    Congratulations Chris on the cool gifts your family gave you.

What would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and found that college dog thing standing on your chest staring down at you?

Have you ever played a Theremin before? I'm guessing you'd have to learn to play it on your own. At least here in Missouri I don't see any ads for Theremin instructors.

A bit of delay and reverb will make anything sound good. :)
    The UGA mascot is supposed to be threatening to opponents. Since I'm a graduate, I'm sure Hairy Dawg would be my good buddy! Here's Hairy with Uga (pronounced Uh-Ga) the real live Bulldog mascot, who lives better than anybody I know does, for sure!

Learning the Theremin is all about learning to not make noise until you're ready to make noise. It's very sensitive. I have to use a right-angle plug with it because a straight plug sits too close to the antenna. I found a way to mount it on a mic stand and then step over to it when I want the effect.

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    Theremins have always interested me. They've always struck me as a device / instrument a dude tripppin' out could cuddle with and gain moments of satisfaction.

Take that any way you want to. :3