Thermion 40 watt pedalboard amp (not a preamp pedal)

Guess it's competition to the Blug stuff.  Frankly this sounds more generic to my ears than the Amp1 (Blug is a DINO, and based two of his Amp1 tones on his vintage Marshalls).

But I think pedalboard amps may be the next post-lunchbox phase of amp development. And I think the market for that is huge.

I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
-- David St. Hubbins.

Comments

• M11M11 Posts: 865
    edited June 2020
    It appears to be like an Orange Terror Stamp but with more options, so I guess it lies between that and the Amp1?
    Post edited by M11 on
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,292
    What's the difference between the Preamp Loop and the Effects Loop? He spent four times as long talking about the speaker outputs than he did about these connections.

I thought the clean Strat sounds were nice. Kind of big for a pedalboard for fly gigs, isn't it?
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,266
    I thought the clean Strat sounds were nice. 
    Clean sounds are comparatively easier to get sounding good. FWIW, the 4-channel Amp1 has very nice clean sounds (too).  

Kind of big for a pedalboard for fly gigs, isn't it?
    This one-channel device looks like it's larger than Amp1 and smaller than AmpX. Amp1 is 2+lbs. AmpX is 5.5 lbs, but you MAY no longer need to bring effects pedals, or as many. If I get an AmpX, I can likely do away with boost and delay pedals, and possibly more. So the weight trade-off could be worth it.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,798
    What's the difference between the Preamp Loop and the Effects Loop? He spent four times as long talking about the speaker outputs than he did about these connections.

I thought the clean Strat sounds were nice. Kind of big for a pedalboard for fly gigs, isn't it?
    The thing is like:"we provide you with a great clean, and you can plugg in the dirt you choose onto that dedicate loop".