DRG virtual hang-out: Sundays, 2PM EST MOVING TO ZOOM (instructions)

124»

Comments

• Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,266
    Geography and time zones are the biggest factors for this time slot. Trying to accommodate the US west coast AND Europe.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    Yep that's what I figured.....but, not trying to play Devil's Advocate....but it's a good problem to have I suppose  ;), considering all the other craziness going on in the world.......

I appreciate you making the time to do this DDave & I always get something good out of the time spent.I hope we're able to continue it for a long time.
    OK. Another no-show. I'm done doing this.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,310
    OK. Another no-show. I'm done doing this.

I am kinda bummed to read this, but understandable. The last weeks have been impossible for me, and yesterday in particular was a pretty awful day. We are experiencing a local spike on this shit and a former university president died yesterday from covid (I work for said university) so we had to do some extra work  due to that. Two other well known locals also passed in the last couple days. We are probably about to enter a second wave of absolute seclution. oh well.
    Happy to meet up with folks over Zoom on a ad-hoc basis. If people want to do that, pm me. But I'm not gonna continually commit the middle of my Sunday afternoon when folks have largely stopped showing up. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,697
    I'm sorry - I tried to join more frequently, but 7pm on a Sunday is when my wife tends to invite folks over, since regulations were eased over here. 
    It's a shame, I enjoyed our conversations, but I totally understand. 
    And I'm sure we'll speak again. 
    Keep safe everyone. 

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    I had to work until 2pm last Sunday(as I do most Sundays now)...and immediately after that I had to move the rest of my things out of the house that I am vacating and into storage. The apartment I am renting will not be available until August 29th so I have to stay at my Mom's for a month....which is stressful because I work in a market, I am exposed to people everyday and my mother is 77 and is recovering from knee replacement surgery. When things calm down I would love to participate more in the Zoom chats....I had fun on the 3 that I attended.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,292
    Thanks for doing the hosting all these weeks, Dave. I enjoyed the few I attended and learned a thing or three.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, I'm sorry to hear it's turned out this way & I can totally understand your sentiments Dave.....I think we all appreciate the time you set aside to do this......& I think time itself is the big culprit here. I was always down for it, but with limited family time combined with some nice weather finally, well I had to make a choice.....but, I also totally enjoyed the 3-4 times I was able to do it & meet some of the others too. I propose we all keep tabs on this thread, and whenever it's personally viable, just  drop a line stating so.If enough people do so, then we have an idea if it's worthwhile or not....heaven forbid I do just that, then something comes up, shit does happen, but it's not like me committing to this is a bottom-of-my-list priority wise or something; it's more that I live, eat, sleep & breathe Dino guitar, whereas family might be lucky to get a solid 8 hr chunk of my time & they are very important to me.
    Just an idea.
    Post edited by Stitsel on
  • MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 669
    I'd love to attend but being in Thailand I'm 11 hours behind so meetings are exactly in the middle of my sleep time at 3AM.