JCM 800 easily equals, if not betters Friedman BE-100

2»

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
     It's like tree feet and roots.  Much alike but different. For example ..... the Northern Ash Runner makes a fine specimen in the fall but tends to leave the yard when the gate is left open overnight. Would you pay more for the Runner vs. a root equipped species just based on fall colors. Then you throw in the price of shoes and ........
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 1,044
    I'm probably heavily biased due to the 800 being the dream amp that for some reason I keep not buying. 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,803
    Why the expensive clone, if you can own the original for much less money. And, if you you want some special tweek, you can, por 100€ put some good pedal on the signal chain.
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    My JMP 50 watt (it's a 1978 head ) pretty much crushes even my 100 watt JVM, sounds every bit as good as my old JCM800 100 watt I even had signed by Jim Marshall himself. It's just a simple MV JMP, 50 watts (so they say....) & it is the amp I'd grab in a fire, no doubt. The JVM is Top-Of-The Line.Their FLAGSHIP model. Ummm, actually it kind of is. Badass amp..... like...really badass. 4 channels, MIDI,individual tone stack for each channel,best footswitch in the biz, dual Master Volumes, Reverb...yada yada yada .....super fucking LOUD...Like, really  LOUD.... that's what Rock & Roll is all about anyways, right?

My old JMP sounds as good as any hot-rodded Plexi or any boosted 800....just sayin' .....

I wish there was a better boutique amp out there...I'd buy one. Until then, guess I gotta wait....

edited April 2020

Post edited by Stitsel on
    IMG_0832.jpg 922.2K
    My beautiful JMP..... 
  • JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,143
     OKAY OKAY OKAY, I get it. 
    I own two JCM 800's and I will never part with either of them because I consider that sound to be integral to "my" tone.  But the real question that no one has addressed is.
    WHY IS THIS GEEK PLAYING A LES PAUL THROUGH A MARSHALL WITH A CAPO????
    WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?