Corona Virus, the Apocalypse, and DRG

12346»

Comments

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    Started new job 16th March,  great timing....lol and currently working from home.  Going ok, and catching up on lots of dino bootleg and videos on big screen you tube. 

However,  major problem today, my trusty Yamaha thr10x has packed in, the connection socket has become dislodged  and wont fire up. S9, no physical stores open,  online unclear...groan etc.....

When you say the connection socket is dislodged.....you mean the input power connection? Can you not just open up the amp and fix the connection? Could be just a simple rewire or solder.....Might be worth a try and will save you a few hundred bucks. Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy gear....which is totally understandable.  ;)
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,684
    Agreed. Hardwired that bad boy  ;)
  • Duojett71 said:
    Started new job 16th March,  great timing....lol and currently working from home.  Going ok, and catching up on lots of dino bootleg and videos on big screen you tube. 

However,  major problem today, my trusty Yamaha thr10x has packed in, the connection socket has become dislodged  and wont fire up. S9, no physical stores open,  online unclear...groan etc.....

When you say the connection socket is dislodged.....you mean the input power connection? Can you not just open up the amp and fix the connection? Could be just a simple rewire or solder.....Might be worth a try and will save you a few hundred bucks. Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy gear....which is totally understandable.  ;)
    Yes, input power connection.  Ha...maybe!  Yes, definitely though I dont have those skills myself.  

The HT-5R didn't sound too bad to be fair but miss the effects/hall reverb options for a bit of shredding!
  • Temporary solution - rechargeable batteries.....doh....forgot about that option!
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,638
    edited April 2020
    a few days ago, one of my longtime industry colleagues dropped off 6oz of fucking osetra caviar, a mess of fresh creme fraiche, and a bottle of Tattinger on my doorstep.  restaurant is closed, and they had to clean out the pantry.  i've been eating this shit like the complete degenerate that i am.  this is over $1000 worth of caviar.  it has a SHORT shelf life  lol  i have no choice but to eat it all, as quickly as possible.  it's just ridiculous what's going on right now in the bar and restaurant business.
    Post edited by bourbonsamurai on
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    April 6, 2020

State of Missouri issues "Stay at Home" order.

Always on the cutting edge.