Gary Moore Run for cover to After the war period

2»

Comments

• The mention of Devil in her heart made me think of that Guitar Player interview 84 where he talks about this track and others. Must dig out, can scan for anyone interested. 
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,203
    CORRIDORS OF THE FUTRE!  (or Victims of Power, if you prefer)

Murder in the Skies
    Shapes of Things
    Don't Take me for a Loser
    Wishing Well
    Victims of the Future
       SIDE TWO (if you like)
    End of the World
    I can't wait until tomorrow
    Devil in Her Heart
    Cold Hearted
    Law of the Jungle

Now I'm going to go make that playlist for real.

(I can do without Empty Rooms). 
    Squeeze in "Always Gonna Love You" and I agree with this assessment whole-heartedly. I've always liked that song, it has light and shade.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,894
    I agree that Gary never made the perfect album, I would go further and say that you would have to combine Corridors, Victims and Run for cover to get there. But I still bought them all and played the hell out them warts and all, I still really like the cover of Friday on  my mind he did, great song one that I still play today in the Gary style.

Again WF and After the war could maybe make a decent album if combined.  
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,886
    I agree that Gary never made the perfect album, I would go further and say that you would have to combine Corridors, Victims and Run for cover to get there. But I still bought them all and played the hell out them warts and all, I still really like the cover of Friday on  my mind he did, great song one that I still play today in the Gary style.

Again WF and After the war could maybe make a decent album if combined.  
    I have to call We Want Moore perfect...but I completely agree in regard to solo studio albums. 

I do think Lizzy's Black Rose is perfect btw.
    Your sentence said it all, "Lizzy's" Black rose 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452

Same here. I remember being annoyed that he revisited that song on Run For Cover
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,894
    The mention of Devil in her heart made me think of that Guitar Player interview 84 where he talks about this track and others. Must dig out, can scan for anyone interested. 

That would be awesome. Hopefully you find it!

Duojett71 said:

Same here. I remember being annoyed that he revisited that song on Run For Cover

I just don't get why people don't like that one. That's one hell of a solo!
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,746
    edited March 9
    In my case it's because it appeared on 3 GM albums in a row. VotF, WWM, RfC. I got burned out on it, lovely solo and all. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,894
    In my case it's because it appeared on 3 GM albums in a row. VotF, WWM, RfC. I got burned out on it, lovely solo and all. 

Fair enough. Sometimes I forget you guys lived thru these when they were being released, I was in elementaty school back then and only got unto Gary by the dawn of the XXI century. I basically choose what to hear from my favorite artists instead of being subject to what they were releasing back in the day.
  • Have to say, Empty on We want moore is one of my favourite Gary moments. I agree there was no need to reprise on RFC though
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    The 12" version of Over the Hills and Far Away is total bad ass Gary Moore guitar:

I am the opposite, Empty rooms on the RFC album is actually my fave version