If Cost Was Irrelevant?

If cost was Irrelevant what you you choose for .......  * (Note. A '59 Les Paul is a given so don't bother to list them.)

5 Electric Guitars?

2 Acoustic Guitars?

5 Electric Guitar Amplifiers?

2 Overdrive Pedal?

Wah Wah Pedal?

2 Fuzz Pedal?

2 Distortion Pedal?

3 Echo / Delay Pedals?

2 Chorus Pedals?

1 Compressor Pedal?

1 Tuner Pedal?

2 Flanger Pedals?

2 Phaser Pedals?

1 Octave Pedal?

Brand of Guitar Cables?

Brand of Power Supplies?

Brand of Strings?

1 Looper Pedal?

1 Envelope Filter?

1 Favorite Horse Breed?

1 Favorite Dog Breed?

1 Favorite State Park in the U.S.A. ?

1 Favorite Country to Live In?

1 Favorite State or Territory or Whatever?

1 Favorite Hair Color?

1 Favorite Car?

1 Favorite Truck?

1 Favorite SUV?

1 Favorite Beautiful Woman or Handsome Man You'll Never Meet Much Less Touch?

1 Favorite Style Of Home?  ..... pick anything.

1 Favorite Sport?

1 Favorite Brand of Pants?

Your favorite Fish to Fish For?

The insect You Hate The Most?

The Insect You Love The Most.?

You're Favorite "body place" between Breast, Ass and Groin?

Comments

• HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,797
    edited February 12
    Electric Guitars? Just two, Uli Roth's Tokyo Tapes Strat, Blackmore's "Burn" Strat.

Electric Guitar Amplifiers? Uli Roth's 70s Marshall.

Wah Wah Pedal? Schenker's from earliest MSG, preset at his sweet spot.

1 Favorite Car? Mint Porsche 944.

1 Favorite Style Of Home?. A new, near- perfect Tudorian castle.

1 Favorite Sport? Boxing, no contest with other sports. I rarely even watch football these days (yeah, even though my quite recently adopted home team won the Super Bowl lol!).

The insect You Hate The Most? Spiders, especially big 'uns. Crickets here in Missouri are big and scary enough to be put on steroids and star in a horror movie.

The Insect You Love The Most.?  Ladybug

You're Favorite "body place" between Breast, Ass and Groin? Too easy! Bellybutton.
    Post edited by Haffner on
  • Haffner that's cool that you're a boxing fan, me too. 

I need more time for all those other questions though.
    My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,700
    edited February 12
    5 Electric Guitars?
    A white Gibson SG with Iommi pickups, an ESP Horizon superstrat with SD Black Winter pickups, a Gibson CS-336, a Rickenbacker bass.  

2 Acoustic Guitars?
    No idea. I love the sound of a nice acoustic, but I never seriously considered buying one. 

I'm super happy with my Marshall DSL 50 but I'd gladly add a Peavey 5150 to the collection, and a Marshall Lemmy Signature Superbass for the bass. 

2 Overdrive Pedal?
    I have no use for that. 

Wah Wah Pedal?
    Dunlop Crybaby, not the cheaper ones. I'm pretty happy with my CFH. 

2 Fuzz Pedal?
    Useless for me as well.  

2 Distortion Pedal?
    Useless for me 

3 Echo / Delay Pedals?
    I'm already happy with my MXR Carbon Copy. 

2 Chorus Pedals?
    Useless

1 Compressor Pedal?
    Useless

1 Tuner Pedal?
    My Korg Pitchblack works just fine. 

2 Flanger Pedals?
    Useless

2 Phaser Pedals?
    I have a Mooer Orange 90 and a venerable DOD 201, I don't need more.  

1 Octave Pedal?
    Not sure what I would do with that, but I'd look for the Digitech ones. 

Brand of Guitar Cables?
    I use Cordial cables, no complaint. 

Brand of Power Supplies?
    T-Rex

Brand of Strings?
    D'Addario

1 Looper Pedal?
    TC Electronic Ditto

1 Envelope Filter?
    I don't even know what these things do. 

1 Favorite Horse Breed?
    Irish Cob.

1 Favorite Dog Breed?
    I seem to get along well with Bernese mountain dogs, but I never owned a dog. 

No idea, never visited. Yellowstone looks fantastic in TV docos. 

I can't tell. You have to spend a relatively long time somewhere to be able to weigh the pros and cons. In my whole life I never spent more than a few months out of France. So I'll prudently stick with France. So far, it's still tolerable. 

Some remote parts in the center of France or in the south-west near the Pyrénées mountains. 

1 Favorite Hair Color?
    It depends on who's under the hair... 

1 Favorite Car?
    Jaguar E-type 1965. One of the most beautiful vehicles ever made, along with some WWII warbirds and current Sukhoi jets. 

1 Favorite Truck?
    No idea, I can't even name a model.

1 Favorite SUV?
    None. I hate these things... 

1 Favorite Beautiful Woman or Handsome Man You'll Never Meet Much Less Touch?
    I'm tempted to say Scarlett Johansson, but you never know what tomorrow will bring, so I'll go with Simonetta Vespucci: she died in 1476, so I'm 100% sure I'll never get to touch her.  

A nice old cottage in a remote countryside area with a piece of woodlands and a little river or a pond. 

1 Favorite Sport?
    I really don't care about sports... 

Dunno. The one I'm wearing right one has a label "Esprit" and it's nice enough. 

I liked to fish when I was in my early 20s. Tench required subtlety, blackbass was a lot of fun. 

I don't hate any insect. Some can be troublesome, but they're such a triumph of life that I admire them anyhow. 

Dragonflies. 

You're Favorite "body place" between Breast, Ass and Groin?
    It depends on whose body it is... 
    Post edited by Seven Moons on
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,693
    edited February 12
    A 58 Les Paul? LOL. :p

5 Electric Guitars? Like Haffner said, Uli's strat wouldn't suck. If I can't get that, a Chubtone made to those exact specs would be awesome. Also, another Chubby really sick super strat to my personal specs, and a couple or really good Les Paul customs, one in white/cream like Randy Rhoads, one in black like John Sykes'. Also, a medallion Flying V like those Schenker played in the 70's. EDIT: I also wouldn't mind an Ibañez Destroyer. Either a 70's model like EVH's or Chris Holmes', or an 80's one like Phil Collen's.

2 Acoustic Guitars? A couple of Martins. Nylon string, classical ones. Nothing too fancy but good.

5 Electric Guitar Amplifiers? a 12xxx series 1968 Marshall Superlead, like EVH's. DeMartini's and Lynch's. A blackface Fender Twin Reverb, a Metropolous MetroPlex, Soldano SLO, That new Blug that just got announced. Oh and a Friedman BE100. All paired with their proper 4x12 cabs. The marshall would need to have pre rola celestions on them.

2 Overdrive Pedal? Volume. LOL. seriously, so many choices here. A Tube Screamer and a treble booster based on the one Blackmore or the priest guys used. A Solo Dallas Schaffer replica too.

Wah Wah Pedal? a good Crybaby. Somethign that sounds like the ones Schenker used.

2 Fuzz Pedal? Never used one. I suppose whatever David Gilmour or Eric Johnson use. a 70's big muff I suppose.

2 Distortion Pedal? a Suhr Riot and an OCD. Or maybe a Friedman BE OD if I can't get the amp

3 Echo / Delay Pedals? A carbon Copy I suppose. Nothing too fancy but that sounds good.

2 Chorus Pedals? A boss Dimension C

1 Compressor Pedal? a Keeley compressor

1 Tuner Pedal? anything that works

2 Flanger Pedals? the one EVH used on Unchained. MXR, if I am not mistaken.

2 Phaser Pedals? The one you are using. I seem to recall you said it was the bee's knees. Or something good based on thr classic mxr phase 90 that gives me those 70's sounds.

1 Octave Pedal? Never used one

Brand of Guitar Cables? monster cables? something that doesn't break easily

Brand of Power Supplies? not very familiar but those expensive ones on musician friends or sam ash

Brand of Strings? I have been using dunlop for years. Not too picky on this.

1 Looper Pedal? No need for this

1 Envelope Filter? Don't even know what that is

1 Favorite Horse Breed? arabian

1 Favorite Dog Breed? too many to mention. But I have a sweet spot for Siberian Huskies

1 Favorite State Park in the U.S.A. ? Mmm, of those I have been to, Griffin park in LA. From the movies, Central in NYC.

1 Favorite Country to Live In? I would love to live in Canada (I am actually seriously considering it) Of those I have been to, I would enjoy New Zealand, England or the Czech Republic. I have also lived in the states and wouldn't mind it if needed.

1 Favorite State or Territory or Whatever? I like Quntana Roo in Mexico, hawaii and california in the states, cataluña in spain.

1 Favorite Hair Color? depends of the female it's attached.

1 Favorite Car? lambourginis

1 Favorite Truck? Ford F150's.

1 Favorite SUV? No such thing

1 Favorite Beautiful Woman or Handsome Man You'll Never Meet Much Less Touch? Those hot women on the big screen would be nice. Amber Heard, Scarlett Johansson, Margot Robbie. From the old days, Caroline Munroe, Claudia Cardinale, Raquel Welch. Basically anyone that was hot and on tv when I was a kid lol.

1 Favorite Style Of Home?  ..... pick anything. I have found I can be happy in plenty of spaces. But it has to have a man cave for all my stuff.

1 Favorite Sport? Football. The real, european and played in latin america one.

1 Favorite Brand of Pants? Anything that works.

Your favorite Fish to Fish For? Never fished

The insect You Hate The Most? cockroaches, I suppose?

The Insect You Love The Most.? Bees.

You're Favorite "body place" between Breast, Ass and Groin? Depends of the lady it's attached to, but I find the area below the waist, both front and back, to be what I gravitate the most. ;)

Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,480
    edited February 12
    If cost was Irrelevant what you you choose for .......  * (Note. A '59 Les Paul is a given so don't bother to list them.)

5 Electric Guitars?
    I'm happy with the guitars I currently own.

2 Acoustic Guitars?
    Pretty happy with my main two acoustics.

Also happy with my amps, but it would be nice to add a low-watt Hiwatt (is that an oxymoron) and a Vox?
    Sort of interested in the new Blug amp. That might be in my future.

2 Overdrive Pedal?
    TS-9 is my baseline, but I like the Aldrich Rocket Fuel. Doesn't matter that much. Any good one will do.

Wah Wah Pedal?
    I like the Fulltone Clyde with the ON/OFF LED for full size. Like the mini Dunlop for small size.

2 Fuzz Pedal?
    Haven't found one I like yet, but I don't need one much/anymore.

2 Distortion Pedal?
    See Overdrive

3 Echo / Delay Pedals?
    At the moment. I'm OK with my DRG Boost Delay, and the Boss DD-6.

2 Chorus Pedals?
    BOSS.  CE- series for mono.  Dimension C for stereo. Dimension D for studio, and for live if cost and roadies toting it are no issue.

1 Compressor Pedal?
    Don't use one.

1 Tuner Pedal?
    I want a mini version of the BOSS TU-series

2 Flanger Pedals?
    Don't use live. Rarely studio. Something MXR, Maybe the EVH version.

2 Phaser Pedals?
    Phase-90 and it's not even close. I honestly don't care which version.

1 Octave Pedal?
    I have  T-REX that is a nice octave pedal. Haven't pursued it further.

Brand of Guitar Cables?
    Whirlwind

Brand of Power Supplies?
    Furman

Brand of Strings?
    Ernie Ball

1 Favorite Horse Breed?
    Clydesdale. Though I really don't care.

1 Favorite Dog Breed?
    Pug, French Bulldog, English Bulldog, English Mastiff, Corgi.
    VERY FEW DOG BREEDS I DON'T LIKE

Not sure I've been to any.  I live in NYC. I like CITY parks. McCarren and Prospect Park in Brooklyn. Madison Sq. and Tompkins Sq., and Central Park in Manhattan. Hyde Park, and St. James park in London. Vondelpark Park in Amsterdam (gorgeous).

Would LOVE to have dual citizenship.  I could live in London, Amsterdam, or Paris in a heartbeat.

I lived in BLISS for a while in 2006. Was amazing while it lasted.

1 Favorite Hair Color?
    For me, dark brown.  For women, love 'em all, but red-heads undo me.

1 Favorite Car?
    Classic muscle cars: 1969/70 Dodge Charger w/440
    European sports cars: Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini
    Like Vinnie, I love the Jaguar E series.

1 Favorite Truck?
    UPS delivery that has my stuff on it.

1 Favorite SUV?
    Whichever one isn't in front of me on the road.

Lux apartment that I own in NYC and another one I own in London.

1 Favorite Sport?
    US Football, and NHL Hockey

Levis. 

Don't fish. Favorite to EAT is Tuna.

Mosquito, but I hate all of them. Fuck Ladybugs and butterflies.

NONE

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
    Dave seems to already have a ton of super cool stuff.
    edited February 12
    Haffner said:
    Dave seems to already have a ton of super cool stuff.
    What do I need? Jimmy Page's LP instead of mine? Or Gary's. Would be nice, but it would be in storage 99% of the time like my 54. I've been fortunate enough to acquire some nice instruments and gear customized to my own needs. More importantly (IMO), I've actually used them to write, record, and play music live.  Just owning stuff for the sake of owning it, or looking at it, or playing it in isolation at home never did it for me. 

Just owning stuff for the sake of owning it, or looking at it, or playing it in isolation at home never did it for me. 
    Yeah, I'd be playing my wishes all the time. Shoot, I'd probably write a whole album with my dream guitars lol.
    edited February 12
    Haffner said:
    Yeah, I'd be playing my wishes all the time. Shoot, I'd probably write a whole album with my dream guitars lol.

I can attest (as I'm sure others here can, too) that a particular instrument can inspire you to write.  But it doesn't necessarily have to be a holy grail instrument. It just has to inspire you (enough) in the moment. I know, for example, that one of the best riffs and songs I'll ever write (Dogs) was written on my beater MIM Strat -- the cheapest guitar I own. And the vast majority of the music we love here was often NOT created on some holy grail axe.  See Van Halen's Frankenstein Strat. Was that his holy grail axe? A guitar he dreamed of owning? I think not. It was something he cobbled together out of necessity to do the job he heard in his head. Don't forget. From the age of about 14 till they got Roth, EVH was a Les Paul player.

Guitars are first and foremost tools. They can be absolutely beautiful and magical tools, but they should remain tools. Guitars don't want to be "collected," and just hung on walls as artwork. They want to be PLAYED. The need to be touched, tuned, and strummed so that the strings resonate through the body. They need the strings changed, and your finger oils seasoning the wood. They shouldn't be left in environments too dry or too humid.  If they aren't played, they start falling into disrepair and dying.  Doesn't mean you bring a vintage 7 figure axe on an Aerosmith or ZZ Top tour, but you need to play it regularly enough so that when you go back to it, it's still magical. You didn't kill it.  This is kind of why I don't want more guitars than I actually need.  (And yes, I have a few more than I technically need).
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,554
    Hmmm....

5 Electric Guitars: Love my G&L Invader, would never change that. Ibanez RG j.custom. Charvel Pro Mod. ES-335. Strandberg headless 7 string. 

2 Acoustic Guitars? Taylor dreadnought. Lowden 12-string. 

5 Electric Guitar Amplifiers? Happy with my Elmwood. Mesa Boogie JP. Fender Twin. Interested in the Blug X when it comes out. Maybe a Kemper for recording (heresy, I know). 

2 Overdrive Pedal? Happy with my Xotic. I like amp drive. 

Wah Wah Pedal? Happy with my BudWah.

2 Fuzz Pedal? Never use it. 

2 Distortion Pedal? Ditto. 

3 Echo / Delay Pedals? Empress Echosystem. Strymon Brigadier (got one). 

2 Chorus Pedals? MXR chorus working fine for me. 

1 Compressor Pedal? Wampler Ego.

1 Tuner Pedal? Pitchblack does the job. 

2 Flanger Pedals? No idea

2 Phaser Pedals? Ditto

1 Octave Pedal? Double ditto

Brand of Guitar Cables? Mogami. 

Brand of Power Supplies? BBE Supercharger works fine. 

Brand of Strings? - Happy with Super Slinkys

1 Looper Pedal? Nah. 

1 Envelope Filter? Whassat?

1 Favorite Horse Breed? Allergic!

1 Favorite Dog Breed? Rotweiller. But our Cockerpoo is very cute. 

1 Favorite State Park in the U.S.A. ? No idea. 

1 Favorite Country to Live In? Peru. 

1 Favorite State or Territory or Whatever? To be honest, the people are more important. Although Sheffield is cool. Shame about the weather. 

1 Favorite Hair Color? Blonde. 

1 Favorite Car? Wouldn't mind a Jag. 

1 Favorite Truck? Not bothered.

1 Favorite SUV? Ditto. Must be an American thing. 

1 Favorite Beautiful Woman or Handsome Man You'll Never Meet Much Less Touch? Charlize Theron. Maybe Monica Bellucci. 

1 Favorite Style Of Home?  ..... pick anything. Detatched house with 4 bedrooms, a (soundproofed) music room, a decent garden, a pool and car parking. Nearly there...

1 Favorite Sport? To play, tennis, badminton, diving. To watch, tennis, football (soccer to you philistines), athletics. 

1 Favorite Brand of Pants? Levis. 

Your favorite Fish to Fish For? I don't. 

The insect You Hate The Most? Cockroach. 

The Insect You Love The Most.? Butterfly. 

You're Favorite "body place" between Breast, Ass and Groin? Start with breast. 

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,141
    5 Electric Guitars? Really don't want five more (right now). I just played a Reverend Six Gun III that is the total Strat Slayer, so I could get that one, maybe. I liked a Rickenbaker 620/12 I played at Fullers in Houston last fall, so there's that. Of course, I want the '57 LP Custom my wife has promised me!

2 Acoustic Guitars? I'm set on acoustics.

5 Electric Guitar Amplifiers? I want a genuine Fender Deluxe Reverb or Twin Reverb, maybe a Bassman. A Vox AC30 would be cool if I could handle the volume.

2 Overdrive Pedal? I'm set pretty much with pedals, so I'll wipe out the remaining categories.

Brand of Guitar Cables? Sommer

Brand of Power Supplies? TrueTone

Brand of Strings? Curt Mangan

1 Favorite Horse Breed? Palomino

1 Favorite Dog Breed? Mini Schnauzer (got a puppy last year, named Ozzy Pawsbourne Prince of Barkness!)

1 Favorite State Park in the U.S.A. ? Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction, CO.

1 Favorite Country to Live In? USA

1 Favorite State or Territory or Whatever? Georgia, 'natch!

1 Favorite Hair Color? Brown

1 Favorite Car? Chevy Malibu or Impala (get these as rentals all the time)

1 Favorite Truck? Ford F150, but I wouldn't want a truck except for weekend trips to Home Depot.

1 Favorite SUV? Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Favorite Style Of Home?  ..... pick anything. Two level traditional, with full basement

1 Favorite Sport? College Football

1 Favorite Brand of Pants? Old Navy

Your favorite Fish to Fish For? Catfish

The insect You Hate The Most? Wasps

The Insect You Love The Most.? Honey Bee

You're Favorite "body place" between Breast, Ass and Groin? Whose are we talking about, hers or mine?

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Andy GAndy G Posts: 996

5 Electric Guitars?
    I'm ok with my partscaster, but I wouldn't mind a custom shop Gibson Flying V based on the late 70s block inlay model. A white one.

Not interested any more. No matter what amp I use, I always end up sounding the same.

2 Overdrive Pedal?
    Already have - Ibanez TS9.

Wah Wah Pedal?
    Already have - CAE MC404.

1 Tuner Pedal?
    Already have - headstock tuner. Don't know the brand. It's a little one.

1 Favorite Horse Breed?
    Pegasus. Though I also like unicorns.

1 Favorite Dog Breed?
    Border terrier.

Jellystone.

Scotland.

Morayshire.

1 Favorite Hair Color?
    As a kid I liked having blonde hair. Nowadays I'm just grateful to have hair.

Somewhere without neighbours or people in general.

1 Favorite Sport?
    Rugby (union).

Mosquito.

Dragonfly or honey bee.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,693
    Andy G said:

5 Electric Guitars?
    I'm ok with my partscaster, but I wouldn't mind a custom shop Gibson Flying V based on the late 70s block inlay model. A white one.

Yes. Yes. YES. This, for me too. I can't believe I forgot to put that one.