Best On Hold music

My wife has just been on hold with her old company and had it on speaker.  
I thought to myself, I know that song 

After humming along for 30 seconds, I realised it was Manhattan by Eric Johnson. 

Thought that was unusual and pretty cool

Anyone else had surprising songs on Hold ?

Comments

• shaggyshaggy Posts: 853
    I detest on hold music, I'd rather wait in silence, well Id rather not wait at all. They could play my favourite song ever & I'd still be shouting at the phone 'get that fuckin shite off & answer my fuckin call'.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,141
    Want to hear something annoying? Try being on a conference call or conducting a webinar, and some punter puts the call on hold and then EVERYONE is treated to the annoying hold music!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,441
    I usually listen to digital Fur Elise when onhold. 
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,659
    Want to hear something annoying? Try being on a conference call or conducting a webinar, and some punter puts the call on hold and then EVERYONE is treated to the annoying hold music!
    Yes and all those conference call and web sharing systems have specific button combos or actual buttons to the screen to properly mute you as opposed to putting on hold.  
    Worse is when some offending ass is handling other non work related business and is too dumb to put system on mute.  Imagine being on a company wide call with a thousand or more participants and one asshole is yelling at his kids, fighting with his dog or worse yet taking a dump.  Happens on every call I am on.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,480
    The purpose of this stuff is to let you know you're still connected while on hold.  You'd think places like MF and GC would have some better hold music.
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • oh man that's hilarious that it was actually "Manhattan" by Eric Johnson. I like that song but it definitely sounds like muzak if muzak was cool. 
    My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,797
    My pharmacy had Kiss "Ladies in Waiting", which really freeked me out because I hadn't heard that song in decades.