Happy new year, DRG peeps.

AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,962
edited January 1 in Dino's Bar and Grill
I had a great evening, alone with some good food (cod, salmon and shrimps, which is traditional newyears food in Denmark), a chilled bougogne and and an Asti, a couple of cold wiessbiers and my beloved furbabies.
Not specialy Dino, but I did play BOC "Dominance and Submission" at 24, which is my new years tradition.
Hope you´ll all have a spendid 2020 !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrH8Z3RCdS4
Rock On ! 

Henrik !
Post edited by Agrippa on

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,668
              I had a very rewarding New Years eve. My mom, age 86, has been in and out of the hospital during the last three months. She was released again today and it was my first night off work in the last week. I got to her house around 6:30 in the evening and found her to be doing quite well. Very coherent. More strength than I expected and in a very happy mood. We talked for awhile and then turned on CNN to watch the Anderson Cooper New York New Years Eve show. At one point she got tired and slept for an hour but then she was back up and mom and I were still up watching TV when my sister got home from work around 2:15 in the morning. My sister is a Director of Sales at a Hotel and needed to be there for the huge New Years Eve bash they throw for their guests and locals each year.
              It was very cool to experience another New Years Eve with my mom. It's been many years since the last time and brought back some wonderful memories. I enjoyed the night very very much.

Happy New Year to all of my Dino brothers and sisters !!!
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,610
    i had another ridiculous amateur night, trying to manage chaos.  it was cool.  i hope everybody has a bit of a peaceful and still 2020, comparatively.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,926
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 624
    Happy New Year Dino brothers.  2019 wasn't the greatest, hoping for an excellent 2020 for myself and everyone here.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,828
    Happy new year to all !
  • MannyNixMannyNix Posts: 177
    Happy New Year Everybody!

@inmyhands Loved reading your post, mom is 84 here, best wishes!

Every Jan 1st I get a 'Happy New Year' from Jimi Hendrix, I usually play Band of Gypsys - Machine gun, so... "Happy new year, first of all, I hope we have about a million, or two million more of them, If we can get over this summer; hehehe"

• StitselStitsel Posts: 2,113
    Agrippa said: "Not specialy Dino, but I did play BOC "Dominance and Submission" at 24, which is my new years tradition.
    Hope you´ll all have a spendid 2020 !"

I believe D&S by BÖC is quite Dino sir.....

Happy New Year to all & hang on...2020's gonna be a wild ride!!
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,014
    Happy New Year everybody! Let's go for a very 2020 Dino Year!
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,619
    Happy New Year everyone. Spent the evening with my wife, 2 other couples, and a load of food. 
    Watched the fireworks on TV, then switched over to Jules Holland for the next hour before cracking and heading home. 
    Then today went for a walk around Damflask reservoir (look it up), made some sound dampening panels (!) and watched crappy TV. 
    Back to work tomorrow...
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,522
    Happy New Year everyone. Actually glad to see 2019 go. It started out ok and just went to shit. It could have been worse....but looking forward to better things in 2020. Hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve.
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,916
    very low key, me, a bottle of Blanton's, some Vandenberg, and superheroes tv , wife ill in bed.

Happy 2020 DRG to the next decade ahead. 
    2019 was only marginally better than a horrifyingly horrendous 2018. Hoping we're due for something better. 
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,668
    "only marginally better"

Then again, that could have just been a blip in a downward spiral.  :s

At least ...... unlike 157 years ago ........ "sawbones" isn't a statement of fact. Plus ..... now you don't have to reload after every shot. 

I prefer to look at 2020 as a chance to take things back to the future. We've regressed quite a bit in a wickedly short time. I hope, by the end of 2020, we've rejoined as a world together working to guarantee a future for our children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. A super special today at the cost of a horrible tomorrow sounds very much like parental selfishness at the cost of their own children. I wouldn't want to be thought of as one of those who ate their young.

I hope 2020 somehow reestablishes all the good values learned between 1918 and 1968. A true period of trial and error and rethinking and coming to terms. I also hope 2020 finally finally empowers women enough to finally join together to demand true equality with their male counterparts. Nothing hurts worse than members of your own team siding with the other side. How many times have women come so close only to have brainwashed husband dependent laundry soap commercials screw it up at the last minute.

I hope 2020 brings us back to a reality that knows as fact that planet earth has limitations while human population growth doesn't. Had we continued the space program at the same rate that we had during the '60s who knows where we'd be now. More people require more resources. Earth is earth. It's not growing and getting bigger to meet our needs. Our coming choice seems to be either drastically reducing the number of people living on this planet or finding a way to migrate to another. We could have been a lot further on that second choice.

I would love for 2020 to be the year all humans on planet earth realize they're all humans on planet earth. No one's better than anyone else. No one deserves more than the next guy. Dividing the human race by country of origin or skin color or sex or family wealth or religion, etc. is the primary flaw that has stagnated mankind from accomplishing all it could for over 2000 years. 

I wish that in 2020 every single human being on earth truly came to realize that every other human being on earth is their brother or sister. You don't get to choose your siblings, yet, despite your agreements and disagreements you still love your siblings and would go to hell and back to help them. 

2020 is brand new. It could go in many directions. I hope that all paths mankind chooses to tread end at a destination of unity and equality and truth. Anything less would be an admission on failure on so many levels. As a species .... we will have failed. As the guardian of our planet we will have failed. As parents and grandparents we will have failed. As brothers and sisters we will have failed. Again. Our flaws have ruled us for far too long. Let 2020 be the year we're finally willing to give to gain. To preserve for those yet to come. 

Amen.

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,610
    inmyhands said:
    "only marginally better"

Then again, that could have just been a blip in a downward spiral.  :s

At least ...... unlike 157 years ago ........ "sawbones" isn't a statement of fact. Plus ..... now you don't have to reload after every shot. 

I prefer to look at 2020 as a chance to take things back to the future. We've regressed quite a bit in a wickedly short time. I hope, by the end of 2020, we've rejoined as a world together working to guarantee a future for our children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. A super special today at the cost of a horrible tomorrow sounds very much like parental selfishness at the cost of their own children. I wouldn't want to be thought of as one of those who ate their young.

I hope 2020 somehow reestablishes all the good values learned between 1918 and 1968. A true period of trial and error and rethinking and coming to terms. I also hope 2020 finally finally empowers women enough to finally join together to demand true equality with their male counterparts. Nothing hurts worse than members of your own team siding with the other side. How many times have women come so close only to have brainwashed husband dependent laundry soap commercials screw it up at the last minute.

I hope 2020 brings us back to a reality that knows as fact that planet earth has limitations while human population growth doesn't. Had we continued the space program at the same rate that we had during the '60s who knows where we'd be now. More people require more resources. Earth is earth. It's not growing and getting bigger to meet our needs. Our coming choice seems to be either drastically reducing the number of people living on this planet or finding a way to migrate to another. We could have been a lot further on that second choice.

I would love for 2020 to be the year all humans on planet earth realize they're all humans on planet earth. No one's better than anyone else. No one deserves more than the next guy. Dividing the human race by country of origin or skin color or sex or family wealth or religion, etc. is the primary flaw that has stagnated mankind from accomplishing all it could for over 2000 years. 

I wish that in 2020 every single human being on earth truly came to realize that every other human being on earth is their brother or sister. You don't get to choose your siblings, yet, despite your agreements and disagreements you still love your siblings and would go to hell and back to help them. 

2020 is brand new. It could go in many directions. I hope that all paths mankind chooses to tread end at a destination of unity and equality and truth. Anything less would be an admission on failure on so many levels. As a species .... we will have failed. As the guardian of our planet we will have failed. As parents and grandparents we will have failed. As brothers and sisters we will have failed. Again. Our flaws have ruled us for far too long. Let 2020 be the year we're finally willing to give to gain. To preserve for those yet to come. 

a lot to come to grips with, here.  deep observations beget deeper questions.