Impellitteri - Phantom Of The Opera

Party like it's 1989! 

Comments

• AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    Saw Floor and Nightwish at Wacken a couple of years ago, with her 6′1/16″ she´s quite impressive on stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIefoBNoqw

Beeing 6´
    11/16″ myself, I´ve always wanted to meet a tall girl like that, but everytime I meet a tall girl, the chemistry is just not there, and I end up with those cute 5 feet or less gothic little things, which I for some reason always have more in common with.
    BOT: Not too keen on Impelliteris version.
    I have the album he did with Graham, and I kind of like it, but even as great a guitar player Chris is, I´m not that exited about his playing.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,799
    Agrippa said:
    Saw Floor and Nightwish at Wacken a couple of years ago, with her 6′1/16″ she´s quite impressive on stage.

Beeing 6´
    11/16″ myself, I´ve always wanted to meet a tall girl like that, but everytime I meet a tall girl, the chemistry is just not there, and I end up with those cute 5 feet or less gothic little things, which I for some reason always have more in common with.
    I have the album he did with Graham, and I kind of like it, but even as great a guitar player Chris is, I´m not that exited about his playing.
    I have both albums he did with Graham, including the much heavier System X (which is not bad at all). 

I never felt Chris' playing much, though he's obviously a fine player.

And...Henrik, are you REALLY complaining about those cute 5 feet or less gothic things? ;)
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    Listened to both versions, I prefered the non-metal version by far. I thought Floor Jansen had a very nice musicality. It actually made me check out a few recent Nightwish live videos out of curiosity. So I've had enough of Nightwish for the next ten years, but I can say I like her vocals a lot more than Tarja Turunen's - at least, in the context of loud rock music. 

• AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    Haffner said:
    Agrippa said:

Beeing 6´11/16″ myself, I´ve always wanted to meet a tall girl like that, but everytime I meet a tall girl, the chemistry is just not there, and I end up with those cute 5 feet or less gothic little things, which I for some reason always have more in common with.
    I have both albums he did with Graham, including the much heavier System X (which is not bad at all). 

I never felt Chris' playing much, though he's obviously a fine player.

And...Henrik, are you REALLY complaining about those cute 5 feet or less gothic things? ;)
     =) not really, but a little diversity wouldn´t hurt me, or anyone else !!
    LOL.
    Gonna check out System X, which I have heard, but dismissed back then. 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    Didn’t like that Impelliterri song at all....
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,699
    As a life long fan of the Phantom musical (I have seen it live twice and am familiar with the original with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford, along wth the recent 25th anniversary version) I am borderline offended with Impellitteri's version... lol

Seriously, Impellitteri is one of those guys who manages to out-Yngwie Yngwie. That is NOT a good thing. Knowing my teenage self, I would probably have loved this when I was 17, but nowadays it leaves me flat. I acknowledge that he is a great player, and that level of technique and picking prowess takes a lot of hard work, but this is so not my cup of tea these days...

Floor is a great singer, and her version is more faithfull to the original.That guy is very good too, I am tempted to send this link to my brother, who was just telling me the other day that he doesn't find the guys singing the phantom part that good most of the time in comparison to the female lead.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,657
    Hey, I didn't say that I liked it! =)
    I was just surprised that he was still doing that whole insane Yngwie-on-steroids shred thing.

And this is by far the best version of Phantom -

• HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,799
    I think Eric Adams and some hot chick singer (Holy Hell?) did a live interpretation of POTO...I'll have to look it up.