80s Finishing school

Well known to all but still amazing what an entry to the music industry being in Rainbow was for sidemen; Cozy of course not exactly that but same rules

Cozy: MSG, Whitesnake,  Black Sabbath,  ELP, Yngwie
Bob Daisley,: Ozzy, Uriah heep, Gary Moore, Sabbath, Yngwie
Don Airey,: Sabbath ,Ozzy, Gary Moore, Whitesnake,  Uli Jon Roth, Judas Priest
.....etc

Add the ex WS guys, Neil Murray in particular,  must have played w all of the above and more.

Comments

• Cozy also played with Gary, Brian May, and with Robert Plant. And Aiery plays with Purple (if you can call it that) since Lord left. 
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,657
    And Rudy Sarzo on bass!

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,141
    Steve Vai had his stints with Alcatrazz, David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Ozzy - all after being in Frank Zappa's outfit.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Cozy also played with Gary, Brian May, and with Robert Plant. And Aiery plays with Purple (if you can call it that) since Lord left. 

Yes, if course. Forgot Cozys short stint w Gary,  allegedly the most difficult guitarist he worked with!

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,700

Add the ex WS guys, Neil Murray in particular,  must have played w all of the above and more.
    All these guys were part of the same scene. Bernie Marsden was in Cozy's band before joining Paice-Ashton-Lord, and WS after that. 

And Cozy was in The Jeff Beck Group in the early 70s. Btw, the two Jeff Beck Group albums seldom get mentioned, but I think they're very good (in fact, Jeff Beck's music does nothing for me, except those two albums).   

•  Btw, the two Jeff Beck Group albums seldom get mentioned, but I think they're very good (in fact, Jeff Beck's music does nothing for me, except those two albums).   
    Definitely a minority opinion.  ;)
    In general, those two are considered some of the weakest in his career by JB fans.
     Btw, the two Jeff Beck Group albums seldom get mentioned, but I think they're very good (in fact, Jeff Beck's music does nothing for me, except those two albums).   
    Definitely a minority opinion.  ;)
    In general, those two are considered some of the weakest in his career by JB fans.
    Yeah, I know. But I think that line-up sounded great, and I like the mixture of 70s funk rock, soul music and jazzy electric piano in those albums - especially "Rough'n'Ready". 
  • I though the band sounded fine, but the songs were totally forgettable IMO, and it certainly wasn't Beck's lead work at it's best.
    I think the "Orange" album is indeed a bit weak songwise, but I like the songs off "Rough and Ready" a lot. As for Beck's lead work on those albums, it is certainly not mindblowing, but I don't like the more idiosyncratic style he developed later (as distinctive as it is), so it doesn't really matter to me.  
  • I think the "Orange" album is indeed a bit weak songwise, but I like the songs off "Rough and Ready" a lot. As for Beck's lead work on those albums, it is certainly not mindblowing, but I don't like the more idiosyncratic style he developed later (as distinctive as it is), so it doesn't really matter to me.  
    I like Blow, Wired and There and back, Guitar Shop, everything else....mostly does nothing for me.