Next Dirty Shirley track - Dirty Blues

I still like this better than Black Swan. Even though Lynch is restraining the leads, the song grooves, and I'd listen to this kid sing the phonebook. It's like Dio and Coverdale's old voice came back from the grave. Still only two songs, so far. If the whole album had come out this year, it would likely RUN AWAY with DRG Album of the Year. Maybe next year.

Sounds better on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4sTQ9iCoAEgz0ozAGmeHKS
In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Comments

• LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,696
    That kid has a great voice and I know Lynch can play, but the song leaves me sort of blah feeling. 
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,643
    At least 30 years out of style.

I love it !!!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,450
    I like it....good song. Like many of Lynch's projects.....it sounds like Lynch Mob. Not a bad thing. Just not sure why he needs so many bands to do the same thing. Still its good and the singer is exceptional....to put it lightly.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,771
    I like that a lot better than the Black Swan song. I just wish Lynch would let it loose on guitar a bit more.   
    The singer is a dead ringer for Coverdale when he still could sing. Not quite the Bon Scott/Mark Storace level of resemblance, but not far from that... 
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    That was cool. The solo was underwhelming but did they think the lyrics were so great that they had to put out a lyric video here? I wouldn't have noticed the crappy lyrics if not for this. :#
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • That was cool. The solo was underwhelming but did they think the lyrics were so great that they had to put out a lyric video here? I wouldn't have noticed the crappy lyrics if not for this. :#

True, but this kid sings it so good I don't really mind (not that I ever cared for lyrics to begin with).

That said, both this and Black Swan are great projects so far.I am looking forward to the full albums. I hope Lynch brings the good in some of the other songs. This one was beging for a killer lead, something like what Aldrich did in Snake, and it never came...
  • Are you longing for the Dylan-esque lyrics of David Coverdale?
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    I'm a lonely wanderer at the crossroads looking for love.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • It's Neal Peart compared to . . .

Guilty of love
    Guilty of love
    I'm guilty, in the 3rd degree.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,614
    This is gonna be a great album, I am sure. Dino has THAT voice!

I like this song, I don't mind not Lynch shredding away - I mean, that would be cool but doesn't really take away from the final results IMO.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,450
    It's Neal Peart compared to . . .

Guilty of love
    Guilty of love
    I'm guilty, in the 3rd degree.
    Come on Dave...this is pure poetry:

Spit it outSpit it outSpit it out
    if you don't like it....
  • Slide it in.
    Right to the top.

Baby.
  • Slide it in.
    Right to the top.

Baby.

Funny, a couple of my female friends (as most girls who grew in the 80's) worship their radio hits, Is this Love and Here I go Again. I played them Slide It In. They couldn't believe it was the same band. I got a huge laugh that day.
  • In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,891
    Thanks. Will be sure to check it out.