Comments

• SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,657
    I genuinely don't believe I've heard any of them!
    That's not a criticism, it's me realising how out-of-touch I am.

• Snoogans said:
    I genuinely don't believe I've heard any of them!
    That's not a criticism, it's me realising how out-of-touch I am.

Ditto. Not even one of those. I feel like an old geezer now.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,554
    I've got the Steve Wilson album, and it's brilliant - if you like modern prog  with a strong Pink Floyd influence. Guthrie and Nick Beggs on bass are spectacularly good. 
    Never warmed to that Slash album, never play it. 
    Got the Dream Theater album, not my favourite song on it, not sure why they chose it but he certainly plays his ass off. I prefer Fall Into the Light as a song. 
    And don't own the Megadeth album, but Kiko is a monster player, with a classical background so he does some pretty original stuff. 
    Found the new VH album dull. Sorry. 
    And I've got Clockwork Angels, this wasn't a favourite of mine. 
    Haven't listened to anything new by Satch or Vai for years. 
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,700
    I've heard the albums of Steven Wilson, Megadeth, VH, Slash, Gilbert, and some songs off the Dream Theater and Metallica ones. 
    This Top 20 is the result of a readers poll, so there's a lot of predictable names. 

• Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,554
    Slightly off topic:
    This Megadeth instrumental made me wonder whether this might be where Randy Rhoads might have gone as he developed as a player. 

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,581
    Anastasia got some of Slash's finest metal guitar playing IMO. But that's the only thing on that list I can recall how it sounds even though I've heard at least half of it at some point the last ten years.

Dr Nick said:
    Slightly off topic:
    This Megadeth instrumental made me wonder whether this might be where Randy Rhoads might have gone as he developed as a player. 

We had a thread on it here when it was new. It such a bad ass piece! :D 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    Anastasia got some of Slash's finest metal guitar playing IMO. But that's the only thing on that list I can recall how it sounds even though I've heard at least half of it at some point the last ten years.

Dr Nick said:
    Slightly off topic:

We had a thread on it here when it was new. It such a bad ass piece! :D 
    Yeah I like that Dave kind of steps aside on that song and is basically just on second guitar.....and Kiko is highlighted. Great song. I need to revisit that album. It's probably the best album Dave has done since 'The System Has Failed'.