New super group “Black Swan”

2»

Comments

• This was better than I thought it'd be.  McCauley really sounds great and I like the chorus.  Beach does his thing well here.  I always find myself waiting to see if he'll pick anything...
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,581
    This was pretty damn cool! Nice change of pace both songwriting and production wise from the usual Frontier run-of-the-mill stuff... Have they mayhaps written this themselves? Usually Alessandro writes tons of this stuff but I think he is busy with his own bands these days.

Reb is a monster and McAuley still has most of his voice in nice shape. Agree with Pilson, he has a bit of that old lady look going that a lot of aging rockers got for some reason but overall seems like a nice guy. Honest hard working musician. Who is that Matt drummer dude?
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,871
    Not want I expected, got a rather DIO/Priest feel plus bit of melodic rock in there to,  I was expecting much lamer, pleasantly surprised, the breakdown after the solo was cool, liked the grove a lot, there maybe hope for this lot.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,797
    edited December 2019
    McCauley is a very good singer, might have to borrow him sometime. 

The song was better than expected; Beach has a cool, slippery sound.
    Post edited by Haffner on
  • Who is that Matt drummer dude?
    He's from the Mr. Big camp, I believe.

Beach is one of those guys I never personally clicked with. I prefer guys who pick, I suppose. But I respect him as a player and he is obviously very proficient technical guy. He seemed second fiddle in Whitesnake, specially compared to Aldrich. But I like him here. Let's wait for the full album.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    Who is that Matt drummer dude?
    He's from the Mr. Big camp, I believe.

Beach is one of those guys I never personally clicked with. I prefer guys who pick, I suppose. But I respect him as a player and he is obviously very proficient technical guy. He seemed second fiddle in Whitesnake, specially compared to Aldrich. But I like him here. Let's wait for the full album.
    The drummer is Matt Starr....he is the drummer for Doug Aldrich's band Burning Rain. He has also played for Ace Frehley, Beautiful Creatures and like Tatosh said played with Mr. Big when Pat Torpey was sick.
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
    I enjoyed the hell out of that B)
  • Andy GAndy G Posts: 996
     Next track from the album:

• Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,693
    Andy G said:
     Next track from the album:

Wow, that one was awesome. Another home run from these guys!! Thanks for posting it!
  • MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 581
    Another catchy tune.  McCauley sounds great here.  Thanks for posting, I'll have to check this album out.  
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,693
    Another catchy tune.  McCauley sounds great here.  Thanks for posting, I'll have to check this album out.  

Agreed. Robin sounds amazing here.