Cozy Powell biography out in 2020

Happy Holiday fellow Dinos, came across this in my facebook feed, looking forward to it:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cozy-powell-biography-dance-with-the-devil-due-in-march/

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,607
    This should be one hell of a good read. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Hope it turns out well. I assume it's gonna mostly be interviews of the guys he worked with.
    When I was 16, I had three bumper stickers on the back of my Dodge Dart: The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The WHO.  Not much has changed. 
  • This should be a fun read. Cozy always struck me as an interesting guy, and he is top of food chain drummer for me. Really looking forward to it.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,579
    I hope it's well written. No idea who the author is. 
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,607
    I'd worry more if it was listed as an autobiography. Debi watches so many reality ghost show's on the Travel channel that I'd be reading and looking over my shoulder at the same time.
  • All over this when its released.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,579
    They've missed a trick not bringing this out for Christmas.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,598
    edited December 2019
    Dr Nick said:
    They've missed a trick not bringing this out for Christmas.

Guy's been dead 22 years, and is not a household name. Everyone who wants it will find it and buy it, regardless.

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    When I was 16, I had three bumper stickers on the back of my Dodge Dart: The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The WHO.  Not much has changed. 
  • quote from Cozy

"The thing is with me, Ronnie and Ritchie, all three of us have got egos, all three of us have got different kinds of egos so consequently there's a battle already there, there isn't any room for anybody to say 'well I think it should be done this way'. I think the identities of the three of us have been already established, that we're running the show sort of thing. "Well, Ritchie's running the show in the first place obviously with Ronnie, then I came along and stuck in my two penny's worth and now it's three of us running the show and there's not a lot of time or room for anybody else. Say, for example, a Keith Emerson and Jack Bruce suddenly emerged from somewhere, we wouldn't last a week, there'd be an almighty punch up and the band would cease to exist." -Cozy Powell.
  • Good quote, and I kinda agree. it’s like when they asked Bob Daisley why he didn’t contribute to the songwriting in Rainbow. He said something along the lines of Ritchie and Ronnie taking care of that, so there was no room for anyone else.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,598
    edited December 2019
    Cozy didn't get along with Dio.  That band needed all three of them (and Daisley, IMO) to achieve what the achieved.
    I can't, for example, imagine Kill the King or Stargazer with Ainsley fucking Dunbar on drums.

Actually, I kind of can, and it ain't pretty. It's like the drum drop off you had on WS 87
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,782
    edited December 2019
    Cozy always brought something else to the table in every band he played on. Rainbow, MSG, Whitesnake... the list goes on and on. Even that album he made with Yngwie was cooler than the rest of the bunch from that era just because he was there.
    Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
  • Dinosaur David B said:iCozy didn't get along with Dio.  That band needed all three of them (and Daisley, IMO) to achieve what the achieved.
    I can't, for example, imagine Kill the King or Stargazer with Ainsley fucking Dunbar on drums.

Actually, I kind of can, and it ain't pretty. It's like the drum drop off you had on WS 87
    I was never clear why he fell out w Dio
  • They both had big personalities and big egos.
  • They both had big personalities and big egos.
    And that's saying something considering this was a band with Blackmore in it...