New OZZY tunes

DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,751
edited November 2019 in Video Clips
So whats everyone think of the 2 new Ozzy tunes from his upcoming new cd. Producer Andrew Watt who plays guitar i guess on the album was the guitarist on the California Breed  album with Glenn Hughes.

1st song (actually the 2nd single released (featuring SLASH):

Post edited by Donthegreek on

Comments

• SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,657
    Oh God, is he still turning stuff out?
    :/
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
    I made it further through the second..
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,654
    Kind of forgettable sounding. 
  • I honestly haven't cared for any release Ozzy related since probably 1997.I am kinda struggling to press play on this.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,324
    If the guitar player from California Breed plays guitar on the album it explains why the guitars sound like a shitty fuzzed out bass...didn’t like what he did with Glenn Hughes and don’t care for what he is doing here. First song is terrible. Second song is ok...but the guitar sound is atrocious.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,803
    Duojett71 said:
    If the guitar player from California Breed plays guitar on the album it explains why the guitars sound like a shitty fuzzed out bass...didn’t like what he did with Glenn Hughes and don’t care for what he is doing here. First song is terrible. Second song is ok...but the guitar sound is atrocious.
    Completely agree. But I didn't think much of either song. This is the last time I listen.

Don't mind me, though, besides the song No More Tears, Ozzy could have hung it up after he mysteriously fired Jake.

Just my opinion.
    I honestly haven't cared for any release Ozzy related since probably 1997.I am kinda struggling to press play on this.

You're a kind man.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    This is just awful.

I like No Rest..., and even though I adore  jake´s playing with Ozzy I feel No rest... is better than the two Jake albums, and was the last serious Ozzy album, I like songs here and there since, (No more tears, Perry Mason a.m.) but not albums, Black Rain ? my unwashed ass.

Not buying, but will spin no rest... again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j34juXrJWqw

• Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Ouch ouch ouch...

Haven't bought anything of Ozzy's since NMT and this ain't changing that!
  • Underwhelming and no chance I'll buy these, but I don't get the hate either, these tunes aren't any better or worse than what Ozzy's put out since Black Rain imo.  
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,324
    Underwhelming and no chance I'll buy these, but I don't get the hate either, these tunes aren't any better or worse than what Ozzy's put out since Black Rain imo.  
    I think that is the problem....it's more of the same.....which is basically shit. Ozzy lost me starting with NMT. I have not liked an album since No Rest For the Wicked....which was really good....but not as good as the Randy or Jake albums IMO.....but still had the Ozzy edge. So I stopped caring a long time ago. 
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,582
    Listened once, thought it was decent. I thought the worse part was Slash's solo, that was some meaningless shit, which is weird considering I usually like pretty much everything he ever played.

The slow song is boring but not bad per se IMO.

I think the last really good album Ozzy did was Tears but that last one, Scream had some cool heavy shit on it. Ripping playing from Gus. This guitar player is a boring fucker.

At the end of the day I guess I'm just happy ol' Oz is alive. Will be a shitty day when he finally leaves...
  • It has people playing that can't bring the heavy, so they're standing there looking at one another saying, damn, how does Zakk Do it.  Then Ozzy stumbles by and and yells, WTF man?  Sharon!!!!
    "These riffs were built to last a lifetime." Keith Richards B)

BDR-529  

Member:
    Squier Army
    Schecter Society

• JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,108
    I had a 15 year old student ask me to learn the Ozzy- Post Malone song that was written and produced by the same guy Andrew Watt. It took exactly 4 minutes to learn, I showed it to the kid and explained that this wasn't "real Ozzy" 
    I played him Crazy Train and started to tell him about Randy Rhoads, the kid had no idea. He thought that Ozzy was a guitar player and didn't realize that he was the singer in Sabbath even though we had just learned Paranoid a few weeks before. Anyway the kid now listens to Blizzard and Diary and knows who Randy was and who Tony is. 
     But a lot of it is just the fact that these guys are old. To a 15 year old Ozzy would be like Sinatra or even Bing Crosby was to us. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYa_ReqRlcs
    Joebuddha said:

But a lot of it is just the fact that these guys are old. To a 15 year old Ozzy would be like Sinatra or even Bing Crosby was to us. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYa_ReqRlcs
    It just hit me how true that is. I played " I Don't Know" to a hip hop girl back in 1997 and she told me she absolutely couldn't understand it, Fast forward nearly 23 years.