Accept becomes a three-guitar band.

2»

Comments

• BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
    Agreed.. Funny how that happens..
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,659
    Duojett71 said:
    Duojett71 said:
    The only interesting addition to Accept on guitar is if they finally found Jorg Fischer and got him back. At least he actually played on the Accept albums he was on during his time in the band. There is also some mystery surrounding Jorg from many die hard Accept fans as to what happened to him. There is even a FB page called The Hunt For Jorg Fischer. Peter Baltes is still actively looking for him......but anyway....that would be the only guy that would spark any real interest...

And what the hell does it matter if they have a third guitar player? That's just a second guitar player that won't do shit on the albums and a guy playing back seat to a guy playing back seat to Wolf.....Who gives a fuck? I think it's Wolf just trying to spark some interest in Accept after the departure of Baltes. Quite honestly based on that last single and no Baltes....I am not really interested in Accept anymore other than to listen to the Udo era albums.
    I agree on Fisher. That's the only other guitar player in Accept I ever cared for. His playin on Breaker gave the band a Priest /Mercyful Fate feel in the fact that both guitar players actually did something. He was gone for Restless and Wild and it became Wolf's show from then on, even when he returned. Not that I dislike Wolf, I love his playing and as Dave said, I probably always will.

Duojett71 said:
    Based on what I have seen on Facebook posts by Baltes and his wife....It does not seem like it was exactly great terms. Baltes claims he is done with Accept for good and his wife claims Accept drummer Chris Williams story of Baltes being burned out was not accurate and he needed to get his facts straight. I am actually more interested in hearing what Baltes comes up with musically more so than Accept without him. I am not a big Mick Mars fan but apparently one of Peter's projects is with him and I am curious about it. I would like to see Baltes form a band where he is the vocalist as well as bassist as I always thought he had a strong voice.
    Didn't know Baltes is married. The way he was hitting on my wife (then girlfriend) a couple years ago when they played locally made it seem otherwise He even told Wolf "check out that girl!! LOL. Funny story: she was born when he was already winning "best bassist in europe" awards!!" Rock Stars!!

That said, I really hope Hoffmann and Baltes didn't end on bad terms. That day they played here I got to see them up close. The way they talked to each other and how they moved on stage and all that made it seem they were at the very least confortable and friendly among them. It would suck if that's not the case anymore.

I meant to say not exactly great terms. Peter I believe like Wolf has been married to the same woman for many years and his son I believe plays guitar in a band in Pennsylvania. I think Peter's wife is American and he has lived in the United States for many years. The fact that he is married I am sure does not make him blind. Boys will be boys....     
    Peter’s son plays in a band called JC Satellite.  They were supposed to be the next great thing a few years back.  They were based out of PA but not sure anymore.  Peter lived not far from me in the historic town of New Hope Pa but has since move to Nashville I believe.
  • Well Hoffmann lives in Nashville, so PB moved there.
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • I saw Accept for the first time on the Reunion Tour, with UDO. Herman Frank Jr was only a moving toy on the left side of the stage, because it was only a guitar on the PA, and it was Wolf, of course. Sad, because Herman is an awesome player. At least, it could be better with a rithm guitar soundig trough the PA. So, three piece band of an only soundig guitar is a nosense for me.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,314
    edited November 2019
    I saw Accept for the first time on the Reunion Tour, with UDO. Herman Frank Jr was only a moving toy on the left side of the stage, because it was only a guitar on the PA, and it was Wolf, of course. Sad, because Herman is an awesome player. At least, it could be better with a rithm guitar soundig trough the PA. So, three piece band of an only soundig guitar is a nosense for me.
    Frank must have been low due to a bad mix or you could not hear him well from where you were. I saw Accept on the Stalingrad tour and you could hear Herman just fine. I also saw Accept on the Russian Roulette tour and Wolf and Jorg were equal in the mix from what I remember. Wolf always maintained that no matter who played what on the albums....live Accept was a two guitar band and that aspect was always important to him.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • I have seen Accept live too, during the Blind Rage tour. Both guitars sounded clrear in the mix, like on the twin leads of Fast as a Shark, for example. That said, it was quite clearly Wolf's show.
    edited November 2019
    I have seen Accept live too, during the Blind Rage tour. Both guitars sounded clrear in the mix, like on the twin leads of Fast as a Shark, for example. That said, it was quite clearly Wolf's show.
    Yeah there is no doubt about that. I believe if they would ever play songs like "Living For Tonight" or "Son Of A Bitch"....Herman would take those solos because Jorg played those solos on the albums....otherwise Wolf was always the spotlighted guitarist. Wolf is an amazing and unique player. I am a huge fan......but I always thought it was a shame that Jorg and Herman were not really highlighted much as they were more technical and also very unique players. 
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,473
    edited November 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    Jorg and Herman were not really highlighted much as they were more technical and also very unique players. 
    Yeah, they're good players, and I don't mind when they're there, or when they take a solo.  But they really aren't in the same class -- technical or not. There are people HERE who are more technical players than Hoffmann. But that doesn't mean they're better.  YMMV but when I play Accept, it's to hear WH's riffs, songs, melodies, tone, and attitude. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
    edited November 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    Jorg and Herman were not really highlighted much as they were more technical and also very unique players. 
    Yeah, they're good players, and I don't mind when they're there, or when they take a solo.  But they really aren't in the same class -- technical or not. There are people HERE who are more technical players than Hoffmann. But that doesn't mean they're better.  YMMV but when I play Accept, it's to hear WH's riffs, songs, melodies, tone, and attitude. 
    Yeah I realize technical does not always equate to better....but I think both those guys were quite unique as well. Jorg was with what he did in Accept...even though he played a secondary role when he came back for those two albums and it's not much to go on. Herman was great with Victory and his solo albums. They aren't in the same class because they were not given the opportunity to be within the framework of Accept. What Herman did outside of Accept was much less impactful to people like us.....so yeah by that token he is not in the same class. Restless and WildBalls To The Wall, and Metal Heart are as about as classic Dino metal albums as you can get to us. I always wondered what those BTTW and RAW would have sounded like if Jorg had stayed or Herman had played on those albums. Not losing sleep over it....those albums are killer....
  • Wolf has THAT thing, the tone, the RIGHT NOTES, the attitude. 

Said that, for me, things are better on team, and the interaction between players make things greater. Sharing solos, riffs, sharing the spotlight atracts my attention better that the one guy show. 

I'm fan of Accdpt as much as a Van Halen fan and looking at old VH  ideos, where every guy did have his moment, almost in every song, for me it's the way a band should be. 
  • M11M11 Posts: 811
    A few years ago Herman Frank had an accident and they kept on with the tour with only Wolf on guitar, and despite his monster tone, the band still sounded kinda "thin" at the show I went.