Accept becomes a three-guitar band.

Seen on the Accept facebook page:

" BIG NEWS!!!!!! - ACCEPT are getting ready for two upcoming North American dates next week on November 8th at the Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL and November 10th at the Foamhenge Festival in Houston,TX.

Unfortunately, Uwe Lulis will not be able to join us for these two shows as he recuperates from recent reconstructive surgery on his leg from injuries he received to it in a near fatal motorcycle accident a decade ago. Uwe has dealt with the injury for a long time and has had many surgeries as a result.

In the process of finding coverage for Uwe for these shows, everybody remarked how they loved working with Philip Shouse during this year‘s Symphonic Terror Tour so we asked if he could help us out for these two shows. To our and Uwe’s great relief - he said yes!

During the next few days as lots of e-mails and discussions about the Ins and Outs for the 2 gigs and rehearsals in Nashville lead the band to an unexpected question: Why doesn‘t Phil join us and stay as a permanent member of ACCEPT? The answer? It was unanimous! Everyone agreed and Phil did too!

After his recovery, Uwe will continue to tour with ACCEPT and rejoin the guys for the upcoming South American shows in December. Wolf in support of his bandmate says, “Uwe became a great friend for all of us and after his recovery he might need to adjust his stage moves a bit - which is no problem with all the support he has from us! We are here for you, brother!”

ACCEPT would like to welcome Phil into the band and wish Uwe a speedy recovery and invite the fans to see this brand new ACCEPT version with PHIL, UWE & WOLF on Guitar, CHRISTOPHER on drums, MARTIN on bass – and THE Voice: Mighty MARK TORNILLO! "

Comments

• Seen on the Accept facebook page:

" BIG NEWS!!!!!! - ACCEPT are getting ready for two upcoming North American dates next week on November 8th at the Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL and November 10th at the Foamhenge Festival in Houston,TX.

Unfortunately, Uwe Lulis will not be able to join us for these two shows as he recuperates from recent reconstructive surgery on his leg from injuries he received to it in a near fatal motorcycle accident a decade ago. Uwe has dealt with the injury for a long time and has had many surgeries as a result.

In the process of finding coverage for Uwe for these shows, everybody remarked how they loved working with Philip Shouse during this year‘s Symphonic Terror Tour so we asked if he could help us out for these two shows. To our and Uwe’s great relief - he said yes!

During the next few days as lots of e-mails and discussions about the Ins and Outs for the 2 gigs and rehearsals in Nashville lead the band to an unexpected question: Why doesn‘t Phil join us and stay as a permanent member of ACCEPT? The answer? It was unanimous! Everyone agreed and Phil did too!

After his recovery, Uwe will continue to tour with ACCEPT and rejoin the guys for the upcoming South American shows in December. Wolf in support of his bandmate says, “Uwe became a great friend for all of us and after his recovery he might need to adjust his stage moves a bit - which is no problem with all the support he has from us! We are here for you, brother!”

ACCEPT would like to welcome Phil into the band and wish Uwe a speedy recovery and invite the fans to see this brand new ACCEPT version with PHIL, UWE & WOLF on Guitar, CHRISTOPHER on drums, MARTIN on bass – and THE Voice: Mighty MARK TORNILLO! "

Does anyone care who else plays guitar on Accept aside of Wolf? I know I don't... If this helps them create new music with a bigger sound I suppose this would be fine, but the live stuff these days is all Wolf's game, and I don't see that changing.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,783
    edited November 2019
    I agree with Tatosh. Doesn't matter much on our end. If they want an extra, unnecessary guy ilke Janick Gers, they're just splitting their money further.  Of course IM has much bigger pockets to do that.  

Betting this isn't a long-term situation. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • I agree with Tatosh. Doesn't matter much on our end. If they want an extra, unnecessary guy ilke Janick Gers, they're just splitting their money further.  Of course IM has much bigger pockets to do that.  

Betting this isn't a long-term situation. 
    You are probably right. In the 90's they toured with just Wolf in guitar, didn't they?
  • Yep. And The Final Chapter is a great album with just Wolf (and the amp I own  =) ).
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,463
    The only interesting addition to Accept on guitar is if they finally found Jorg Fischer and got him back. At least he actually played on the Accept albums he was on during his time in the band. There is also some mystery surrounding Jorg from many die hard Accept fans as to what happened to him. There is even a FB page called The Hunt For Jorg Fischer. Peter Baltes is still actively looking for him......but anyway....that would be the only guy that would spark any real interest...

And what the hell does it matter if they have a third guitar player? That's just a second guitar player that won't do shit on the albums and a guy playing back seat to a guy playing back seat to Wolf.....Who gives a fuck? I think it's Wolf just trying to spark some interest in Accept after the departure of Baltes. Quite honestly based on that last single and no Baltes....I am not really interested in Accept anymore other than to listen to the Udo era albums.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,783
    I agree with Tatosh. Doesn't matter much on our end. If they want an extra, unnecessary guy ilke Janick Gers, they're just splitting their money further.  
    Precisely. That's why I thought it was strange news. A third guitarist in Accept seems even more useless as in Iron Maiden, if conceivable.  
  • I always enjoy listening to Hoffmann play, and I probably always will. He's now in the same boat as Meniketti in that he is the only one left from the original band (though I think Tornillo is great) -- fortunately Wolf is both the songwriter AND the primary sound of the band (Baltes will be missed unless they find a dead ringer, sound-wise), so when the songs are strong, it still works for me.  And like in Y&T, the "other guitarist" job is to fill out the sound, and not make trouble.

Baltes will probably come back eventually. These guys almost always do. I don't think he left on bad terms.
    edited November 2019
    I always enjoy listening to Hoffmann play, and I probably always will. He's now in the same boat as Meniketti in that he is the only one left from the original band (though I think Tornillo is great) -- fortunately Wolf is both the songwriter AND the primary sound of the band (Baltes will be missed unless they find a dead ringer, sound-wise), so when the songs are strong, it still works for me.  And like in Y&T, the "other guitarist" job is to fill out the sound, and not make trouble.

Baltes will probably come back eventually. These guys almost always do. I don't think he left on bad terms.
    Based on what I have seen on Facebook posts by Baltes and his wife....It does not seem like it was exactly great terms. Baltes claims he is done with Accept for good and his wife claims Accept drummer Chris Williams story of Baltes being burned out was not accurate and he needed to get his facts straight. I am actually more interested in hearing what Baltes comes up with musically more so than Accept without him. I am not a big Mick Mars fan but apparently one of Peter's projects is with him and I am curious about it. I would like to see Baltes form a band where he is the vocalist as well as bassist as I always thought he had a strong voice.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,923
    edited November 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    The only interesting addition to Accept on guitar is if they finally found Jorg Fischer and got him back. At least he actually played on the Accept albums he was on during his time in the band. There is also some mystery surrounding Jorg from many die hard Accept fans as to what happened to him. There is even a FB page called The Hunt For Jorg Fischer. Peter Baltes is still actively looking for him......but anyway....that would be the only guy that would spark any real interest...

And what the hell does it matter if they have a third guitar player? That's just a second guitar player that won't do shit on the albums and a guy playing back seat to a guy playing back seat to Wolf.....Who gives a fuck? I think it's Wolf just trying to spark some interest in Accept after the departure of Baltes. Quite honestly based on that last single and no Baltes....I am not really interested in Accept anymore other than to listen to the Udo era albums.
    I agree on Fisher. That's the only other guitar player in Accept I ever cared for. His playin on Breaker gave the band a Priest /Mercyful Fate feel in the fact that both guitar players actually did something. He was gone for Restless and Wild and it became Wolf's show from then on, even when he returned. Not that I dislike Wolf, I love his playing and as Dave said, I probably always will.

Duojett71 said:
    Based on what I have seen on Facebook posts by Baltes and his wife....It does not seem like it was exactly great terms. Baltes claims he is done with Accept for good and his wife claims Accept drummer Chris Williams story of Baltes being burned out was not accurate and he needed to get his facts straight. I am actually more interested in hearing what Baltes comes up with musically more so than Accept without him. I am not a big Mick Mars fan but apparently one of Peter's projects is with him and I am curious about it. I would like to see Baltes form a band where he is the vocalist as well as bassist as I always thought he had a strong voice.
    Didn't know Baltes is married. The way he was hitting on my wife (then girlfriend) a couple years ago when they played locally made it seem otherwise He even told Wolf "check out that girl!! LOL. Funny story: she was born when he was already winning "best bassist in europe" awards!!" Rock Stars!!

That said, I really hope Hoffmann and Baltes didn't end on bad terms. That day they played here I got to see them up close. The way they talked to each other and how they moved on stage and all that made it seem they were at the very least confortable and friendly among them. It would suck if that's not the case anymore.

Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
    edited November 2019
    I sure don't think WH wanted PB to leave the band. They've been like brothers for 40 years. I know that being in bands can blow that up, but hopefully it's not permanent. And eventually most of these guys realize their stronger together than apart. Especially when the band in question is not the money maker of say, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, GnR, Van Halen, or the Stones (all of which had splits and reunions).
    Duojett71 said:

I agree on Fisher. That's the only other guitar player in Accept I ever cared for. His playin on Breaker gave the band a Priest /Mercyful Fate feel in the fact that both guitar players actually did something. He was gone for Restless and Wild and it became Wolf's show from then on, even when he returned. Not that I dislike Wolf, I love his playing and as Dave said, I probably always will.

Duojett71 said:
    Based on what I have seen on Facebook posts by Baltes and his wife....It does not seem like it was exactly great terms. Baltes claims he is done with Accept for good and his wife claims Accept drummer Chris Williams story of Baltes being burned out was not accurate and he needed to get his facts straight. I am actually more interested in hearing what Baltes comes up with musically more so than Accept without him. I am not a big Mick Mars fan but apparently one of Peter's projects is with him and I am curious about it. I would like to see Baltes form a band where he is the vocalist as well as bassist as I always thought he had a strong voice.
    Didn't know Baltes is married. The way he was hitting on my wife (then girlfriend) a couple years ago when they played locally made it seem otherwise He even told Wolf "check out that girl!! LOL. Funny story: she was born when he was already winning "best bassist in europe" awards!!" Rock Stars!!

That said, I really hope Hoffmann and Baltes didn't end on bad terms. That day they played here I got to see them up close. The way they talked to each other and how they moved on stage and all that made it seem they were at the very least confortable and friendly among them. It would suck if that's not the case anymore.

I meant to say not exactly great terms. Peter I believe like Wolf has been married to the same woman for many years and his son I believe plays guitar in a band in Pennsylvania. I think Peter's wife is American and he has lived in the United States for many years. The fact that he is married I am sure does not make him blind. Boys will be boys....     
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,923
    edited November 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    I meant to say not exactly great terms. Peter I believe like Wolf has been married to the same woman for many years and his son I believe plays guitar in a band in Pennsylvania. I think Peter's wife is American and he has lived in the United States for many years. The fact that he is married I am sure does not make him blind. Boys will be boys....     
    I know. I am not blind, and I know I would check the surroudings myself if I were in his shoes. But he was just going nuts over her. We were standing at the side of the stage and he would just smile at her and do all sorts of things to get her attention. That is, until he realised she was with me. He stopped right away after that. LOL.

Add: as a side note, before she started dating me, my now wife dated a german dude who could have passed for Wolf's son. I had noticed the resemblance in pictures, but never saw the point of mentioning it, until that gig. She couldn't believe how much they looked alike. She was a little freaked out by it, actually.
    Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
    edited November 2019
    Don't know when your incident occurred, but at some point along the way Peter, became a uber-religious Christian (similar, I think to being a "born again"). That didn't stop him from playing in Accept (nor should it have). Don't know if it made him faithful to his wife either, but such religious epiphanies (of ANY denomination) rarely enforce "moral" behavior, or stop the self-righteous from getting caught with their hands in lots of supposedly forbidden cookie jars.  
  • Don't know when your incident occurred, but at some point along the way Peter, became a uber-religious Christian (similar, I think to being a "born again"). That didn't stop him from playing in Accept (nor should it have). Don't know if it made him faithful to his wife either, but such religious epiphanies (of ANY denomination) rarely enforce "moral" behavior, or stop the self-righteous from getting caught with their hands in lots of supposedly forbidden cookie jars.  
    I am almost 100% positive this was in the summer of 2015. 4 years ago. That said, you are right. These born again guys are sometimes the biggest offenders. I took it in good humor, that said. I tell this story at every chance I get LOL.