For those of you that care, voting for the RnR Hall of Fame class of 2020 is open now.

Priest, Motorhead and Lizzy are elegible. The complete list is interesting, more good acts than bad, IMHO, which is refreshing. Rundgren, Soundgarden, Benatar, etc 

the complete list is:

• Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T. Rex
  • Thin Lizzy

Comments

• Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,486
    edited October 2019
    You could make a case for most of those acts, though I think the MC5, though influential, were a one-hit wonder. But hey, when has that or logic ever mattered for this farce? Personally, I think Soundgarden, NIN, and Dave Mathews should wait a bit. All of the others are older acts.  Grammy darlings Whitney Houston and the Doobies are likely slam dunks.
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,657
    I'd like Kraftwerk to win, mainly to see how they handle the presentation!

(Actually there are only a couple of acts there that I like more than Kraftwerk...)
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,699
    edited October 2019
    You could make a case for most of those acts, though I think the MC5, though influential, were a one-hit wonder. But hey, when has that or logic ever mattered for this farce? Personally, I think Soundgarden, NIN, and Dave Mathews should wait a bit. All of the others are older acts.  Grammy darlings Whitney Houston and the Doobies are likely slam dunks.
    Agreed on MC5. I wanna see how they justify this after they shunted Purple or Priest for years because "they didn't acknowledge one hit wonders". This is a stupid farse anyway, as you say.

The entire Motorhead lineup that matters is gone now. That'll be heartbreaking if they manage to get it. Ditto for Lizzy to a certain degree, but Gorham and Robbo can still stand on stage I suppose. I want Priest to get in just for the shot of having KK in there. I am an asshole and wanna see Glenn's face if they stand on the same stage. Although they might pull a Purple like they did by not having Ritchie there...
    Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
  • Ritchie was never going regardless of whether they wanted him there or not.  As for MC5, last year, they started letting in (two hit wonder) acts like The Zombies over people on this year's ballot with far more successful careers.

Eventually, EVERYONE will get in. 
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 1,968
    RRHOF is a fucking joke.....I love it that Blackers said F this S 
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    The idea of Whitney Houston competing with Motörhead for a Rock'n'Roll award tells it all  about the relevance of the whole thing. 
  • True. Given who they let in, it should just be called the Popular Music HOF. 
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    Dio and BOC are not in yet.
    Hells yeah, its a farce, and a joke, and a travesty.
  • OskyOsky Posts: 1,043
    I've never understood why people attach so much importance to it. Who cares what a bunch of music biz professionals think? The opinions that truly matter are the gig going & record/CD/download buying public's. Just my 2 penneth.
  • Motorhead
    MC5
    Doobie Brothers
    Judas Priest
    DMB
    "These riffs were built to last a lifetime." Keith Richards B)

BDR-529  

Member:
    Squier Army
    Schecter Society

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    Of that list....here is who should get in this year or should have already gotten in:

Pat Benatar 
    The Doobie Bros.
    Judas Priest
    Motorhead
    Todd Rungren
    T-Rex
    Thin Lizzy
    MC5....and yes I agree they were a one hit band, but they were very influential....and there live album is a considered a classic. I personally like the MC5 somewhat but I think that live album is a little overrated. 

who should eventually get in:
    Depeche Mode
    NIN
    Soundgarden
    Dave Matthews Band

no particular order....just going off the above list. Both NIN and Soundgarden IMO should have been in before or instead of many of the acts that already made it. But if the HOF was inducting acts properly I would agree with Dave that maybe they should wait for them.....but we all know how the RNR HOF has worked up until now.

Kraftwork, Whitney Houston, Rufus, etc are not Rock N Roll.....nothing against them but there should be a different HOF for that