Only you can rock me tone

Comments

• I read an interview somewhere with him (not recent) where he said he thought his tone on Obsession was his best recorded tone.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,709
    edited October 2019
    I read an interview somewhere with him (not recent) where he said he thought his tone on Obsession was his best recorded tone.
    I think I read the same interview. I still have that magazine back at my old room at my mother's house. He was quite clear on the fact that obsession was his best tone ever. He might be right, but to me Strangers in the Night is supreme. Different things of course (live vs studio setting).
    Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
  • I read an interview somewhere with him (not recent) where he said he thought his tone on Obsession was his best recorded tone.
    I think I read the same interview. I still have that magazine back at my old room at my mother's house. He was quite clear on the fact that obsession was his best tone ever. He might be right, but to me Strangers in the Night is supreme. Different things of course (live vs studio setting).
    It's hard to argue against either of those as having his best tone.  I don't have a single favorite, but pretty much love the guitar sounds on all the Nevison-produced Schenker stuff (including the UFO/MSG 90s releases).  
  • So many amazing moments......the F#  crunch section in You don't fool me, the sustained squeal in One more for the rodeo, just about every emotive note on Born to lose.......