Non Available Pedal You Wish Existed.

inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
edited September 2019 in Effects Forum
This thread is about a pedal you wish existed but just isn't available at any price for whatever reason.

For me, the closest I've come is with my Korg SDD 3000 Stereo Delay pedal. It offers a "Panning" option that allows controlled sweeps of / or alternating delayed notes between a left and right amplifier. You can set the time, volume, decay, etc. 

There also used to be a "Panning" pedal based on a "wah" pedal design where toe up was right and toe down was left but you couldn't preset you're needed perimeters so you could set it and forget it. You sort of worked it like a pump organ going back and forth between left and right.

I wish for a dedicated Stereo "Panning" Pedal that's explicit for that use. Loaded with options like Ping-Pong, Sweep, Timed Ping Pong with options like "one beat left / two beats right, 3 beats left, two beat right" or Timed Sweeps the length of one, two or three beats that can be set just like the Timed Ping Pong type.  Maybe a Picked Note to Both Sides With Sweep or Ping Pong "Decaying" option. Three preset buttons for "on the fly" changes of BPM to work with songs that alter their BPM during performance. A "Tap Tempo" button for those adjustments needed to match a less than excellent drummer.

One button for on and off.
One button for tap tempo of side to side or decay option depending on panning type..
Three buttons for preset BPM.
One knob for choosing between optional panning types.
One knob for volume matching so all options can be played with no effect on the volume of the signal chain.
Back side panel with jacks for Left In / Right In, Left Out / Right Out / and Power supply.

I'd hope it would be named "arlum's trippin"

I                                                                                I         
I     On / Off.    Pre.        Pre.        Pre.             Tap.  I        
I.                                                                               I
I____________________________________________ I

Can you come up with something that's currently unavailable that you really wish was available?
Post edited by inmyhands on

Comments

• I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    Dave,

I think most guitarists would just put every knob full right. I'd go full stadium on Talent, min on EGO, right up the middle on Chops and full scream on Tone.

Rick

Anyone else have preferred settings?
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,266
    edited September 2019
    I don't need the Ego on 10. 5 is fine.  Shred on maybe 7. But the others, yeah.

There's also this. It didn't exist until I had it built.

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
    You can tell it was built specifically to your taste.  :)  Every setting straight up!  ;)
  • Ever since the version of the Tube Screamer came out with the mix on it I've wanted an OD that does the split into a boost/3 band EQ and an OD with a mix knob. While the blend is good in theory, being able to tweak the clean/boosted sound is necessary to help it sit in the mix with OD side. 
    Dargavel,
              Stereo outputs? One to the left and the other to the right?
  • I don't need the Ego on 10. 5 is fine.  Shred on maybe 7. But the others, yeah.

There's also this. It didn't exist until I had it built.

I still need this. Any word on that?
  • inmyhands said:
    Dargavel,
              Stereo outputs? One to the left and the other to the right?
    I wasn't thinking stereo outputs, but that's easy enough to include wiring-wise. I mostly just thinking about what I like about tube screamer styles pedals with that separation between the clean a OD, but want to be able to tweak the clean side more, and maybe have more of distortion+ side.

Fender actually came pretty close with the pugilist distortion, but it's a parallel distortion/OD (one side is kind of tube screamer-y, the other is rat-y) that you can blend together. You can run the distortion side all-out while the OD runs clean for clarity, but the whole think never quite EQ'd right. Loved the concept though. 
  • I still need this. Any word on that?
    No one has said anything serious about wanting one since the first time I mentioned it. PM me and I can answer any questions you might have.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,932
    I would like something that does endless sustain/controlled feedback a bit like a Sustainiac, but as a floor unit. Maybe with an expression pedal. 
  • You might be able to do stuff like that with the Freeze or the Super Ego (both EHX), but it might be weirder than just sustain/controlled feedback.
    My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 2,038
    I would like something that does endless sustain/controlled feedback a bit like a Sustainiac, but as a floor unit. Maybe with an expression pedal. 
    Try the Digitech FreqOut. I bought it for gigs where the sound guy won't let me turn the volume up to the point where I can get natural feedback. 
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,932
    MAdX said:
    Try the Digitech FreqOut. I bought it for gigs where the sound guy won't let me turn the volume up to the point where I can get natural feedback. 
    Just watched a couple of YouTube videos, that might be what I'm thinking of.  Thanks for the tip!