Headrush Gigboard?

Anyone have experience with the multi fx pedal, or the company? I'm interested in getting one.

Comments

• BytorBytor Posts: 1,687
    I want to give one a whirl.. If you grab one, let us know how it is ..
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,344
    edited September 2019
    Bytor said:
    I want to give one a whirl.. If you grab one, let us know how it is ..
    I saw a demo of one being used with one of those Seymour Duncan pedal power amps, straight into a cab... Sounded pretty good.
    Post edited by Gunner4Life on
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    I used to sell their stuff when I worked in music retail. I sold a couple Eleven racks. Seemed to be quality stuff and at the time not cheap. I think they have become more affordable in recent years. Line 6 has some similar stuff with the Helix...which is also not cheap. For me I find that kind of thing almost too much. I would have to have seperate delay and reverb pedals anyway because they would need to go through the effects loop. Beyond that it would just be, flange, phaser, wah....and maybe an overdrive pedal. I imagine these multi-fx units would be useful in home studio setups.
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,344
    edited September 2019
    I just want a good multi fx floor unit, that won't break the bank. This is in the $500 to $600 range, same as the Line 6 HX Stomp. Never really been impressed with the sound of the Boss and Digitech ones.
    Post edited by Gunner4Life on
  • Duojett71 said:
    I used to sell their stuff when I worked in music retail. I sold a couple Eleven racks. Seemed to be quality stuff and at the time not cheap. I think they have become more affordable in recent years. Line 6 has some similar stuff with the Helix...which is also not cheap. For me I find that kind of thing almost too much. I would have to have seperate delay and reverb pedals anyway because they would need to go through the effects loop. Beyond that it would just be, flange, phaser, wah....and maybe an overdrive pedal. I imagine these multi-fx units would be useful in home studio setups.
    With the majority of the current modellers you can send the OD/amp sims etc to the front end of your amp and put the time based stuff through the FX loop. Look up the four cable method “4CM”.
  • I've got the Headrush Pedalboard and I think it's fantastic. 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    Duojett71 said:
    With the majority of the current modellers you can send the OD/amp sims etc to the front end of your amp and put the time based stuff through the FX loop. Look up the four cable method “4CM”.
    Yeah your right....I also forgot that many of these high end processors have an FX loop as well and not just an output.
  • From the head to head reviews I've read, the Helix LT has much better effects, but the overdriven amp models are fizzy, while the Gigboard/Pedalboard is a much better amp modeler but the effects are just ok. Seeing how I just want the unit for effects, I might have to go with a Helix LT
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,651
    Don't know about the Headrush but FWIW I saw a Rig Rundown with Nita Strauss the other day and now on her solo tour she uses the Boss GT1000. Sounded pretty cool, might be something to consider :) 
  • Don't know about the Headrush but FWIW I saw a Rig Rundown with Nita Strauss the other day and now on her solo tour she uses the Boss GT1000. Sounded pretty cool, might be something to consider :) 
    Not to keen on Boss products
  • Screw it, ordered the Gigboard and an expression pedal, that's what 30 day trials are for.