Glenn Hughes in Dead Daisies

Corabi and Mendoza are out.... doing solo projects, Hughes is in on bass and Vocals.... this is gonna be interesting now.

Go here to hear a new tune with glenn.

Comments

• Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,486
    edited August 2019
    Doug played with Glenn before, on Glenn's material, but they never wrote together before. It will be interesting to see if Doug can bring enough personality to the songwriting table to not get bulldozed by Hughes's writing style. Everything GH works on ends up sounding like The Glenn Hughes band unless the guitarist is a great writer on his own and balances things out with other strong ideas. He certainly bulldozed Bonamassa. And Soren Andersson didn't even get to play any leads on an otherwise strong recent Glenn Hughes album. That was a crime. 

As for the track -- sounds promising, but wow, that mix is lousy.  I hope they're not using Kevin Shirley again.
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,321
    Sounds under mixed, and not mastered. Could be a rough mixdown or a demo? 
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,581
    I don't hear that much of a trouble with the mix?

The song is great. Among the better things that have come out of Dead Daisies IMO.
  • I don't hear that much of a trouble with the mix?

The song is great. Among the better things that have come out of Dead Daisies IMO.
    Among other issues, Glenn vox are buried in that mix. No way he approved that.
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,700
    Great song, great playing. Wow, it's been a while since I heard something like this. Both Glenn and Doug sound in fine form.

I agree this might be a rough mix. Even thru my crappy laptop headphones the vox is low on the mix. Let's see how the finla product comes out.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,322
    Cool song. Hughes sounds really really good...and that guitar solo was pretty sweet. Not bad at all. What's amazing to me....after all the drugs and alcohol Glenn consumed in the 70's and 80's...his voice still sounds like this and he can sing that way on that level. I know he has been clean and sober since the late 80's but still...it's damn impressive.
  • Bummer.  I saw and met them at a show back in 2016.  Nice group of guys each took a good moment to chat it up with me.  
    "These riffs were built to last a lifetime." Keith Richards B)

BDR-529  

Member:
    Squier Army
    Schecter Society

• IMO this sounds pretty much like typical recent GH music, performed by GH with hired guns (like BCC or California Breed always did). He still sounds fantastic, but the result, while not bad at all, is forgettable. He's a freak, and unless he teams with other freaks having a super distinctive signature style (think Iommi), I'm afraid the result will always be like that.