New Michael Denner (ex Mercyful Fate) release; Denners Inferno.

AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,889
edited August 2019 in Current News
It seem the Denner Shermann co-lab was a one off. Sad to me, I really enjoyed the "Masters of Evil" album and the Satans Tomb ep.
But Denner is back with Denners Inferno.

Denner was left out of the Mercyful Fate reunion at CopenHell fest 2020, I have from people who know both parties that the relations between Denner and Kim (King Diamond) are kinda strained, hearsay has it that it´s about money, King "forgot"  that Mercyful Fate is a band, and not King Diamonds backing band, and demanded the lions share of the money after a Mercyful Fate gig, which Denner couldn´t accept, he wanted an equal 5 way split.

anywho, Denners Inferno is set to be released on "Mighty Music" this november.
It´s very much like old school stoner.

First video here (nice to hear Denners lyrical lead work in the intro and solo):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N0aVVcGXrc
Post edited by Agrippa on

Comments

• StitselStitsel Posts: 1,995
    It's too bad about the MF reunion falling through; however I'm glad Denner stood his ground.I thought Denner's Trickbag was a fun record & I will definitely pick this up.I agree, the Denner/Shermann thing was cool, I wasn't totally sold because the singer was too dramatic for my taste, & not in a KD way....but it was good to hear the 2 of them turning it up again.I would hope Hank would've sided with Denner regarding the pay split, but who knows....? 

Gonna check that vid link out now.....
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,377
    It's a good song....nothing new or groundbreaking of course but enjoyable and Denner is playing very well. I like the singer in this band much better than the Denner/Shermann releases.....

I imagine Shermann kept his mouth shut and didn't take sides. Everyone knows that without Shermann this would just be another King Diamond solo band. There is no Mercyful Fate without Hank....and he like everyone else knows it. So I am sure Hank got about as much money as King Diamond. Otherwise he would have said no and the reunion does not happen.
    edited August 2019
    Ok, sure....just a bummer the almighty $$ has to cause a rift.IMO it is not a true reunion without Denner.I have nothing bad to say about Mike Wead but it's NOT a Mercyful Fate reunion, if that's what they're billing it as.Of course, if we really want to split hairs here, sure, some other original guys are missing too....Timi Hansen on bass I believe, so it's not really a ''Mercyful Fate" reunion anyways, I guess.But IMO, MF's sound was both of those guys (Denner/Shermann) & the absolutely unique way they played off each other.They are obviously both killer metal guitarists, they sound good with whomever they play with.But, the magic, was those two together.
    Post edited by Stitsel on
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,889
    Fairs Fair, Timmi "Grabber" Hansen is unfortunately batteling cancer these days. He was asked to join the reunion, but had to decline since he felt he healthwise wasn´t up to the task.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2019/08/02/mercyful-fate-bassist-timi-hansen-battling-cancer/
    That sucks big-time. Prayers for him, at least from me. 
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 985
    I'd love to see a real MF reunion (including Kim Ruzz). Naturally, I like Denner/Shermann, but I have to say that the Hansen/Ruzz rhythm section was really cool and I think underrated. That's one reason I like Melissa so much - the rhythm section is really punchy in the mix. 
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,791
    Mercyful Fate, of all bands of the 80's that were playing real metal, was probably the only one who got the Priest twin guitar thing going just right. The Denner / Shermann duo is as important to this band as King, IMHO. .
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,739
    Not a bad song, it makes me think a bit of Candlemass with a lesser singer  (although I like this one more than the singer they had on the Denner/Sherman project). 

As for the MF reunion in 2020...  I'm sure they'll do a great job, but even though it's the lineup of the "9" album, IMO without Denner it's not a proper MF reunion... 
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,889
    Denner told a danish metal site/magazine (Metalized),  he wasn´t even asked to the reunion.

(google translate)
    "NEWS FROM MICHAEL DENNER WHO ALSO STATES WHY HE IS NOT PARTICIPATING IN MF-REUNION.  Fountain Of Grace "is the title of the new single from Denners Inferno, which, as the name implies, has MICHAEL DENNER (ex-Mercyful Fate, King Diamond) as the backman. Full-length album is due out this fall! Incidentally, many were wondering that Michael Denner is not part of the "recovery" of MERCYFUL FATE until next year. Michael Denner has also wondered himself, saying: "I wasn't asked and got the news just two days before it became public news. I think it's a shame for fans of the original Mercyful Fate, not least since I'm in the shape of my life. But now it's all about putting it behind me, looking ahead and looking forward to the release of the upcoming Denners Inferno album ".
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,377
    Agrippa said:
    Denner told a danish metal site/magazine (Metalized),  he wasn´t even asked to the reunion.

(google translate)
    "NEWS FROM MICHAEL DENNER WHO ALSO STATES WHY HE IS NOT PARTICIPATING IN MF-REUNION.  Fountain Of Grace "is the title of the new single from Denners Inferno, which, as the name implies, has MICHAEL DENNER (ex-Mercyful Fate, King Diamond) as the backman. Full-length album is due out this fall! Incidentally, many were wondering that Michael Denner is not part of the "recovery" of MERCYFUL FATE until next year. Michael Denner has also wondered himself, saying: "I wasn't asked and got the news just two days before it became public news. I think it's a shame for fans of the original Mercyful Fate, not least since I'm in the shape of my life. But now it's all about putting it behind me, looking ahead and looking forward to the release of the upcoming Denners Inferno album ".
    It is odd that he did not get the news from Shermann since they are friends and bandmates beyond Mercyful fate in two bands....one being recent. Like I said I doubt Shermann was going to take sides because he was probably offered a good amount of money....but I do find it odd Hank did not mention it to him. I guess being stuck in the middle of that is a difficult situation.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    I like it well enough to want to check out the whole album. Total Sabbath worship.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea