K.K. Downing will play live with Ross the Boss at Bloodstock Festival

2»

Comments

• Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,684
    Duojett71 said:
    That was a fun watch. KK looked and sounded great. The band was good enough.....except for that cheesy singer. NIce to see KK back on stage. I hope he starts playing again on a regular basis. Maybe he should track down Les Binks....

I hope people watch this and realize how vital KK was to Priest's sound, specially in the old days. His tone was never the best, but paired with Tipton's it was just right for the band.

The Binks thing had never occurred to me, but it makes sense. He was probably the best Drummer Priest ever had. If I were KK I would give him a call, along with Tim Owens (he is singing with everybody these days so why not?) and make a killer touring band. I bet it would pay more than whatever else he is doing these days.

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,697
    I hope people watch this and realize how vital KK was to Priest's sound, specially in the old days. His tone was never the best, but paired with Tipton's it was just right for the band.

This.  

The Binks thing had never occurred to me, but it makes sense. He was probably the best Drummer Priest ever had. If I were KK I would give him a call, along with Tim Owens (he is singing with everybody these days so why not?) and make a killer touring band. I bet it would pay more than whatever else he is doing these days.

Binks is currently touring with some sort of Judas Priest cover band, called 'Les Binks Priesthood'. He'd be better off doing something with KK, indeed.  As for Ripper Owens... ugh, no thanks. 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,314
    yngwie666 said:
    I saw him play that guitar before but maybe it was just a loan ?
    I don't think it was a loaned out guitar. It has "K.K." on the headstock and it has a scalloped fretboard. I think that was one of his custom built V's.....its really nice. I meant to comment on the guitar earlier. Sweet axe.
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 1,963
    .....and as for RtB playing an SG, he always played one of those too.

I absolutely loved seeing KK onstage & having a blast ripping it up. Ten years is way too long for that guy to not be playing.He still has it in spades.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,684

Binks is currently touring with some sort of Judas Priest cover band, called 'Les Binks Priesthood'. He'd be better off doing something with KK, indeed.  As for Ripper Owens... ugh, no thanks. 
    Owens seems to bother a lot of people, but having seen him live several times, I find him better than most singers out there. Plus, he has legitimate Priest connections, like the two other guys mentioned. Not everybody out there is Rob Halford (who is?)

Stitsel said:

I absolutely loved seeing KK onstage & having a blast ripping it up. Ten years is way too long for that guy to not be playing.He still has it in spades.
    Yep. And unlike Tipton, he can still play. It seems kinda foolish for Priest to have a guest guitar player when the original guy is out there doing nothing.
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 1,963
    edited August 2019
    I found this:  https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/kk-downing-judas-priest-eonmusic-interview-january-2019.html, and this.....https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/kk-downing-judas-priest-eonmusic-interview-august-2019.html ......

So it doesn't seem to me like KK is doing too bad; he actually sounds like he's doing good, as I had suspected.....

I'm really happy to see him back (even if this is just a small thing, for now) & hoping to see a lot more of him in the future.Hands down my favorite member of the mighty JP.
    Post edited by Stitsel on
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,314
    ...ha! So Paul Crook tried to get him to play with Les Binks....I like what he was thinking there...