K.K. Downing will play live with Ross the Boss at Bloodstock Festival

The title says it all. This will be K.K's first public performance in 10 years.  Hopefully there will be pro-shot videos of the event. 

Comments

• StitselStitsel Posts: 2,060
    I saw that elsewhere, and think it's great. RtB is a true metal warrior.I'm stoked too, because his band is playing a club in Seattle next Feb. & I'll be there for sure. 

Good to see KK getting out there too.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,463
    K.K. either needs to get another band together or get back in Judas Priest. This is good news that he is getting back on stage for the first time in a long time....hopefully he will get the itch and start playing more.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,618
    Probably becuase he is broke as hell, so that is kind of sad... He is forced to do this but hopefully something good will come out of it and it will be a thrill for both him and his fans.
    I love K.K.'s playing so I am looking forward to hear if he still got it!
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,597
    Do we know with absolute certainty that the man is broke?  Or is he still well off but not as well off as before..
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,923
    There was a big discussion on the subject a few months ago. The general consensus is that  he probably is, considering the fact his golf enterprise went under and he sold his rights to his share of the Priest songs (the one thing you should never get rid of), along with all his classic guitars.

The fact he is being so vocal about rejoining Priest in the last year after staying quiet for so long is all about the money, IMHO. Must suck to be pushing 70 and be in that sorta situation. I feel very bad for him.

I enjoyed his book that said.It seems he is a nice guy all in all.

He did invest in a music venue so to me that does not indicate he is completely broke. I imagine the money he got from his guitars and maybe some from the sale of his publishing rights( unless that was forfeited in lieu of his debt)...maybe have been reinvested. He had to have some kind of capital to invest in that venue/club.
  • guitardguitard Posts: 159
    Duojett71 said:
    He had to have some kind of capital to invest in that venue/club.
    I suppose it's possible he got a loan.
    I've commented on this before, & again...what do I know....but.....I have a hard time believing KK's one pawned guitar away from homelessness, or whatever.....I'm sure he had an emergency stash or we'd probably hear about it if he was absolutely destitute.Perhaps selling his classic equipment was part of some deal to satisfy whoever, but I bet he still has a killer guitar rig too......FWIW.... just my opinion
    guitard said:
    Duojett71 said:
    He had to have some kind of capital to invest in that venue/club.
    I suppose it's possible he got a loan.
    It's possible but seeing as his golf course went under it is unlikely he got a loan unless he still had capital and assets.
    That's all I'm saying.... did he really invest his whole future into the golf course, or did he have some separate $$ set aside in the event of investments not working out? I too read his book, dug it, & sure he comes across as a nice guy etc., but also one who wasn't stupid....I theorize he made a bad investment, but it didn't sink him. Although when you read about the selling off of his royalties etc. I admit I was kind of dumbfounded. 

Again, others here may be closer to the mark, but it just doesn't seem possible that he blew his whole future on this failed business venture.....

I'm actually curious to see where this all ends up....
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,923
    Stitsel said:
    I've commented on this before, & again...what do I know....but.....I have a hard time believing KK's one pawned guitar away from homelessness, or whatever.....I'm sure he had an emergency stash or we'd probably hear about it if he was absolutely destitute.Perhaps selling his classic equipment was part of some deal to satisfy whoever, but I bet he still has a killer guitar rig too......FWIW.... just my opinion
    I am not, never have been and probably never will be a rock star. I am also very close to being broke, and yet I have gig worthy gear, with nice guitars and amps. He sold his classic gear, the guitars he was pictured with over the years and the amps he used to record the classic albums. The stuff fans would pay money for. But he probably still has stuff he could easily gig with if needed or wanted to.
    I was just kind of joking about the guitar rig.....but he more or less kept that stuff for nostalgia & the fact those were tools used to create some classic heavy metal....in the latter days he used more modern equipment....anyhow, I hope KK is doing ok.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,783
    So it happened, and some crowd videos have surfaced on YouTube.  KK looks in great shape, super energetic and having a blast. 

That was a fun watch. KK looked and sounded great. The band was good enough.....except for that cheesy singer. NIce to see KK back on stage. I hope he starts playing again on a regular basis. Maybe he should track down Les Binks....

Couple things of note....Ross The Boss....lose weight and lose the Crate...I did like that he was playing an SG though. Nice nod to Tipton. Also I was never a huge Manowar fan.....but I liked them a lot better when Ross was in that band.
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    I saw him play that guitar before but maybe it was just a loan ?