Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer

Comments

• Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,699
    Read this this morning. My wife, of all people, sent me the link. I always get a bad feeling in my gut when I read things like this. Cancer sucks...

I wonder if his vocal technique (or lack of it) might have something to do with this...
  • DivasaurusDivasaurus Posts: 56
    @"Tatosh Guitar" it's definitely not related to anything having to do directly with bad technique or nodular issues or the normal fare that would be associated with wear and tear that singers face, at least not directly. 

• Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,699
    @"Tatosh Guitar" it's definitely not related to anything having to do directly with bad technique or nodular issues or the normal fare that would be associated with wear and tear that singers face, at least not directly. 

Good to know. I love singing, and I know I suck at it, technique wise. The odds of getting something as awful as cancer due to it would be quite terrifying.

Dickinson beat it. But that man seems superhuman in so many levels (and yeah, I read his book. God damn.) I hope Dave can pull it off to.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    Mustaine has been through a lot....especially with drugs. He is a fairly tough guy so I think if it was caught early enough he can beat it. I hope so anyway. I have always been a fan. 
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    It's often a virus: HPV. Same sort of virus that leads to cervical cancer. Becoming more common, sadly, but quite often curable. 
    Treatment's pretty vile though.
    Absolutely, early detection is KEY.  It saved Rod Stewart's life and voice too!
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    Oh shit. That kind of news is always scary. Hopefully it's an early stage and he will recover. I certainly wish him well. 
    I totally believe he'll recover and likely be able to sing again at whatever level he was singing at before this went down guys, he's still young (ish), and again they DID catch this early.  It's muuuch harder when they DON'T catch it early.  

Speculations as to how this was contracted is infinitely less important in the grand schematics of him licking this thing and Mustaine?  Look, I have VERY mixed feelings about that guy, he's disappointed me to NO end over the last few years, but the man IS TOUGH AS SHIT.  He has overcome some really grueling things.  I think he'll make it, I really do.  

• Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Oh yes, people get completely the wrong idea about how someone gets HPV, regardless of where. 

And now there's a vaccine, if governments get their act together, we should be able to eradicate it. 
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2019
    Dr Nick said:
    Oh yes, people get completely the wrong idea about how someone gets HPV, regardless of where. 

And now there's a vaccine, if governments get their act together, we should be able to eradicate it. 
    Hope so too, but in Denmark HPV vacine is the fave target of antivaxxers, unfortunately, and a party of our latest conservative government even called HPV for "prostitutes disease", so it´s an uphill battle getting people HPV vacinated in Denmark, I´m sad to say.
    Sometimes you wonder why people vote like they do.

Hope Dave beats it. I haven´t cared much for him or megadeth since "Rust In Peace", but I love their five first albums.
    All the best to Dave and his band.
    Post edited by Agrippa on