Gary Moore

1235»

Comments

• The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 600
    Bent out of shape said:
    I ran this by an ex Rainbow roadie mate and he's no recollection of this event and reckons it its fabricated. Adding, as documented in Colin Harts autobiography, that they're was a similar incident on that tour, but didn't directly involve RB.
    Cool.  Like I said, I only know what I heard.  As long as the part of Phil Mogg being London's GG champ is true, then I'm golden. That's the coolest part of that story.

Yeah, that's cool, not sure what GG refers to btw? Golden glove? Mogg played his boxing ability down in a recent interview IIRC

Think the Mogg boxing story is a little OTT.
    Here is part of an interview he did with Classic Rock

Well, blokes get together and chat and these things get distorted. I did some boxing at school but it was very, very limited and I was really bad. I had an exhibition bout with a guy who squared me – mouth, nose, everything. I was like a fly and he swatted me. That grew into something that never was
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,589
    Poor Gary.

Even in a thread about he hating metal, Ritchie stoles him the sporlight  =)
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,891
    Poor Gary.

Oh my... HAHAHA
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,549
    Poor Gary.

funny and true.  individuals acquire reputations over their careers for reasons.  that said, we'll never really know the true motivating factors behind their behavior by listening to each other rehash and embellish the stories.  i get as big a kick out of it as anybody else, though.
  • https://www.loudersound.com/features/jumping-at-shadows-how-the-blues-saved-gary-moore?fbclid=IwAR3qXBa6vNp4r4r9gWiSbJaOMGuwPP5ITHo1wefDhyjNTBVyReHEypi6UzU

Came across this too, some great anecdotes I hadn't heard before, eg his dislike for ol Robbo.. I never liked the way Gary dismissed  his rock years.

I dont think he was the only one to dislike Robbo. Scott doesn't get on with him either. 

Check at about 40 seconds.
  • Great thread by the way.
  • I dont think he was the only one to dislike Robbo. Scott doesn't get on with him either. 

That's not really evidence.
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,891
    I dont think he was the only one to dislike Robbo. Scott doesn't get on with him either. 

I agree. There might have been something, but we are only guessing at this point.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,450

I agree. There might have been something, but we are only guessing at this point.
    Yeah.....and I have never heard Gorham have a disparaging remark about Robbo. Gorham does strike me as the kind of guy who would take the high ground and only point out the good things about someone rather than bring up anything negative however...