Game of Thrones season 8!

Comments

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,599
    Lyanna!!
  • M11M11 Posts: 841
    Lyanna!!
    Crap, that little girl was badass, didn't wanna see her go, although taking out a zombie giant before dying was pretty fitting for her.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,484
    Damn....episode 3 coupld have easily been the series finale.....best episode of the series. Amazing.
    Dany has now officially lost her mind.  Jaime is still Jaime, and Tyrion has still not woken from his two seasons-plus slumber.  Varys is wrong, too.  what a beautiful mess.
  • merlo_zeppelinmerlo_zeppelin Posts: 1,405
    I don't think Jaime is reverting to his villanous ways, he's going to try to reason with Cersei or just straight up kill her. He gave the bad guy speech to Brianne just to keep her from being totally heartbroken when he dies, cause he knows he's most likely to die at Kings Landing.
    Jaime's arc is one of the few things that keeps me intrested in the show, the way they ended the Nigh King's arc what just so dissapointing to me, it was Snoke all over again.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,952
    I have loved this show for so long, but as much as it pains me, the writing has indeed taken a turn for the worse after they ran out of books to adapt. I suppose such major plot points came from George RR Martin, but the delivery is just not there.

Still, there a lot of stuff to enjoy. I still can't figure out who will kill Cersei (because trust me, she is totally gonna bite it) if it will be Jaime or Arya. My guess is the next episode is the war to end all wars episode and the final is who gets to sit the iron throne... Jon or Dany, who I totally agree has gone bonkers.
  • M11M11 Posts: 841
    I have loved this show for so long, but as much as it pains me, the writing has indeed taken a turn for the worse after they ran out of books to adapt. I suppose such major plot points came from George RR Martin, but the delivery is just not there. 
    This.

After they're done with Cersei I'm sure Daenerys will follow her father's footsteps and go all "Mad Queen".
    edited May 2019
    I don't think Jaime is reverting to his villanous ways, he's going to try to reason with Cersei or just straight up kill her. He gave the bad guy speech to Brianne just to keep her from being totally heartbroken when he dies, cause he knows he's most likely to die at Kings Landing.
    Jaime's arc is one of the few things that keeps me intrested in the show, the way they ended the Nigh King's arc what just so dissapointing to me, it was Snoke all over again.
    I agree....he already stated he is not the man he used to be. I think it is only fitting that Jaime is the one to end Cersei. It's not going to be Arya.

I think they way they ended the Night King was damn near perfect. No one expected Arya to come out of nowhere like that. You kind of forgot about her after her escape with the Hound and Beric from the White Walkers in the castle. It was perfect because they kept building it up for Jon Snow to be the one to kill the Night King.

Hmmm.....I think most people including myself would disagree with you there because through 4 episodes...Season 8 is really bringing it....

bourbonsamurai
    said:
    Dany has now officially lost her mind.  Jaime is still Jaime, and Tyrion has still not woken from his two seasons-plus slumber.  Varys is wrong, too.  what a beautiful mess.
    Varys I actually feel is on the right track. The King has to be Jon Snow....the fact that he is reluctant to do so means he is not power hungry and the right person to do it. Dany wants it too much and even though she wants to end suffering in the kingdom I could see power corrupting her. I think that is why Sansa does not trust her....she can already recognize it. Varys hinted that Dany may need to be taken out.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
    Duojett71 said:

Hmmm.....I think most people including myself would disagree with you there because through 4 episodes...Season 8 is really bringing it....

Compared to some comments I have seen out there, I actually think I am being quite mild on my assessment. I have seen people totally trashing the show, calling it totally ruined and the like. I would not go that far, but I have read the books and the storytelling certainly seems to have backpedaled a bit compared to when they were adapting the source material.
    Duojett71 said:
    I agree....he already stated he is not the man he used to be. I think it is only fitting that Jaime is the one to end Cersei. It's not going to by Arya.

I think they way they ended the Night King was damn near perfect. No one expected Arya to come out of nowhere like that. You kind of forgot about her after her escape with the Hound and Beric from the White Walkers in the castle. It was perfect because they kept building it up for Jon Snow to be the one to kill the Night King.

bourbonsamurai
    said:
    Varys I actually feel is on the right track. The King has to be Jon Snow....the fact that he is reluctant to do so means he is not power hungry and the right person to do it. Dany wants it too much and even though she wants to end suffering in the kingdom I could see power corrupting her. I think that is why Sansa does not trust her....she can already recognize it. Varys hinted that Dany may need to be taken out.
    Jon is too honorable and direct to govern effectively.  Sansa is the best potential leader left alive.
    Duojett71 said:

Compared to some comments I have seen out there, I actually think I am being quite mild on my assessment. I have seen people totally trashing the show, calling it totally ruined and the like. I would not go that far, but I have read the books and the storytelling certainly seems to have backpedaled a bit compared to when they were adapting the source material.
    this type of stuff is inevitable, in a franchise as large and lengthy as GoT.  they simply aren't going to be able to satisfy everyone.  just take a look at the complete shitshow that Star Wars fandom has turned into.  dissatisfied individuals always have the most to say.  whether we like it or not is our personal business, but, as a whole, i take fandom with a grain of salt.
    edited May 2019
    Duojett71 said:

Martin hasn't even finished his book series yet so the show has gone it's own direction. At some point you have to separate it from the books.  To me the storytelling has been solid and the show has taken interesting turns.

bourbonsamurai
    said:
    Duojett71 said:
    I agree....he already stated he is not the man he used to be. I think it is only fitting that Jaime is the one to end Cersei. It's not going to by Arya.

bourbonsamurai
    said:
    Jon is too honorable and direct to govern effectively.  Sansa is the best potential leader left alive.
    They only way Sansa can do this is if Jon and Dany die....which could happen. Even still I don't see how she would have any claim to the throne.....but I could see this as a potential way the series ends. I think the fact that Jon is honorable means he would govern fairly, and justly. His honor and empathy is what would make him a great leader. He doesn't want the throne but would take it for the good on the kingdom. Having said all this....I do not think the show will end with him taking the throne because it is the obvious direction. It probably will be someone other than Dany or Jon. 

The more I think about it I think Jaime will return to Cersai and attempt to kill her.....but I have the feeling Cersai will kill him when he does not expect it before he has the chance. The show is going to end Cersai in a much more gruesome and vengeful way.....Jaimie killing her would be too merciful.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
    Duojett71 said:

The more I think about it I think Jaime will return to Cersai and attempt to kill her.....but I have the feeling Cersai will kill him when he does not expect it before he has the chance. The show is going to end Cersai in a much more gruesome and vengeful way.....Jaimie killing her would be too merciful.
    This is an excellent point, and something I really hadn't thought about, which actually surprises me considering the amount of time I usually spend thinking on this story. Ever since he lost his sword hand, Jaime has been getting more and more "human". He tried to show mercy to the black fish. He was more than merciful with Lady Olenna. Cersei is the one, his closest relative and he true love for most of his life. I don't see him killing anyone in cold blood these days, specially not Cersei. An certainly not if she is pregnant.

Her pregnancy aside, I think this all means Arya is probably gonna be the one to go full spartan on Cersei's ass.
    i think Jaime is going to kill Euron