Game of Thrones season 8!

any GOT fans here?  i'm stoked as i could be!

Comments

• Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,862
    Long time fan, from both the show and the books. Just saw the first episode from the new season. I held a small party at my house with a couple friends and we watched it while drinking beer and eating chips. A cool Sunday for sure!
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 988
    I probably should have rewatched some of Season 7, because I spent most of the episode remembering who was where doing what. 
  • Disciple83Disciple83 Posts: 384
    I love GOT!  Certainly happy that the new season is here
  • merlo_zeppelinmerlo_zeppelin Posts: 1,405
    I've been really underwhelmed since season 7, this episode hasn't changed that. Next episode looks more promising though
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,596
    I have to confess I've never watched it. Worth it? 

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,542
    Dr Nick said:
    I have to confess I've never watched it. Worth it? 

if you don't like the medieval/fantasy genre, i would say don't bother, but, GOT has introduced millions to the genre, so maybe give it a shot.  the show has a large budget, and was cast very well.
    TravisW said:
    I probably should have rewatched some of Season 7, because I spent most of the episode remembering who was where doing what. 
    i watched a few recaps on YT.  saved me the trouble.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,669
    When I was younger, me and my mates were into Dungeons And Dragons. This was universally accepted as the lowest form of nerdery imaginable, and was ridiculed accordingly by society in general.
    These days every fecker is obsessed with GOT.
    Go figure...  :/
    Snoogans said:
    When I was younger, me and my mates were into Dungeons And Dragons. This was universally accepted as the lowest form of nerdery imaginable, and was ridiculed accordingly by society in general.
    me too, and the worm has turned for society in general.  wild how technology has enabled the formerly disadvantaged.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Snoogans said:
    Ha! It's fashionable to follow GoT and Disney Star Wars, attend comicon and call yourself a GEEK now.

I only tangentially ever followed this show. If my wife's watching and I happen to be in the same room, I'll watch. The badass battle vs bitchy people being bitchy ratio has finally tilted towards the former so it's been easier to watch this since the last season. But it's also got people randomly turning up thousands of miles away and the general sense of time passing being very erratic, which bothered me last season. I still watched it for dragons flying and breathing fire. My needs are simple that way.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • M11M11 Posts: 828
    Big fan of the show here, haven't read the books but plan on doing so some day. I have to say though that starting with last season (7), since the show's writers ran out of source material (GRR Martin hasn't finished them yet) everything seems kinda rushed and some timelines stopped making sense.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,763
    Most of the times it's only on subscription-based TV channels here, and I don't want to pay for TV,  so I only have the opportunity to see it when it lands on regular channels, which happens randomly and without notice. I've been able to watch seasons 1, 2, most of 3, and half of 4 and 5 a couple of years ago. Loved it. I just saw season 6. It was good, but I thought they were sometimes rushing it, as if they were trying to cram too much intrigue progression into it. Though, it's still one of the best series I can think of. Not super deep, but very well made, with often great acting. Swords, axes, torture, poison, witches, fantasy landscapes, court intrigues, epic battles, hot dragons and firebreathing women, what more can you ask for? 
    this week is a downer..
    here it comes!  The Great Battle of Winterfell!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,436
    TravisW said:
    Same here as well as previous seasons. I was really trying to remember a lot of things as well.....like how the Hound came back. Love that dude's character. Also really like what they did with Jamie Lanister's character.