Pedalboard Update - Need Space Filling Suggestions

After nine months of waiting for Marshall to start shipping the PEDL 91016 six-button footswitch for the DSL40CR, I have finally completed Mk. 2019 of my bigger pedalboard, sometimes known as Fat Man. Long time DRG members may remember there were four more effects pedals on this board, but I slimmed it down and eliminated redundancy so it's not as fat as it once was! The DSL40CR has the bases covered when it comes to high gain, so just a couple boosts remain.

But alas, there's room for something between the six-button pedal and the Line 6 wireless receiver. I have all the modulation, reverb, delay, echo, etc. stuff in the effects loop, controlled by the MIDIBuddy, so I don't need anything swirly. The signal starts at the Fulltone Clyde wah, and feeds into the JangleBox compressor, HBE UFO octave fuzz, Shannon Phaser, HBE Germania treble boost, HBE Power Screamer OD, HBE Uno MOS boost, and Rocktron Banshee talk box. This is all front of amp stuff. Let me hear some suggestions for how to fill this vacancy. Chain wise, the effect would sit between the Uno MOS and the Banshee.

Anyone who suggests an Altoids box forfeits a testicle.

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    If your board was for a stereo amp setup I'd recommend a Panner. Since I believe it to be mono the only missing effect that jumps out at me is a Flanger. I place my flanger in between the last drive effect and the front of the amp. It stands out more in the mix going into the front of the amp and loves being pushed by the drive effects.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,648
    Nice setup! Would you mind shooting a pic of what you got in the loop? :)

As for that empty spot: I think nothing but the Korg Miku should go there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveUEZkcQno

;) 
  • CyberattackCyberattack Posts: 140
    That looks like a good spot for the Tentacle by EarthQuaker, which will interact in cool ways with the boosts and dirt pedals you have on either side of it. They call it an analog octave-up, but I almost don't think of it that way on my board, it's more of a secret weapon—it adds a really different, powerful squawk to your solos or whatever. As soon as you turn it on it's like "Whoa, what just happened?" especially combined with an overdrive or distortion. Its character is different depending on whether it's before or after, but both sounds are cool.
    My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,292
    edited April 2019
    Nice setup! Would you mind shooting a pic of what you got in the loop? :)

As for that empty spot: I think nothing but the Korg Miku should go there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveUEZkcQno

;) 

Hmmm...I can't seem to find the close up shot of my rack, but it hasn't changed in years. I have two different signal chains of effects. One has a Ceriatone C-Lator line buffer with some old Ibanez 10 Series pedals - graphic eq, flanger, chorus, delay. The other chain is my t.c. electronic G-Major, which covers most of the reverb, delay, echo, and harmony effects. This whole setup is wet/dry/wet coming from the Marshall's Effects Send and feeds a Carvin TS100 stereo power amp and two 112 cabs. 

Of course, this is NOT a road rig! This is for home use only. 
    Post edited by cvansickle on
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    edited April 2019
    I don't know if this would fit your space but you've got to give it a listen. Wear headphones if possible. If my Korg SDD-3000 didn't already provide me these sounds I would be all over this pedal. Note ..... It also includes a ground lift switch to quite stereo noise.

https://www.dazatronyx.com/#spot
    Post edited by inmyhands on
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,292
    New board update - swapped a few things around, bought some new wonders, and finally filled the hole!