Rocket Man - Elton John biopic coming in May

This could be better than Bohemian Rhapsody.

I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.

Comments

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,324
    I see Dexter Fletcher directed it. He was the same guy who ended up being the final director of 'Bohemian Rhapsody'....although he was credited as Executive Producer.
  • Biopics.
    The new way of earning money for disc labels.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,321
    Spotify isn't paying the labels anything.
    Film studios are running out of comic books, YA novels, and games to adapt, and reboots, sequels and prequels to milk.

A marriage of convenience indeed. 
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • Eclipse IIEclipse II Posts: 292
    Just watched this today and loved it. 
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,492
    Going next week. Expecting full-on waterworks from Amy, and a bit from me as well.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,709
    I really want to see this but It might be difficult with the baby and all, specially considering my wife's maternity leave is over and we are both working full time. If we can't squeeze the time for it I'll have to wait for itunes.
  • Eclipse IIEclipse II Posts: 292
    Going next week. Expecting full-on waterworks from Amy, and a bit from me as well.
    There were definitely tears in my eyes on several occasions. His whole family dynamic was/is heartbreaking. 
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,492
    Saw it tonight.  NOT really the movie I expected or quite the story/movie I wanted, but it was great, nonetheless.
  • DivasaurusDivasaurus Posts: 56
    I wept openly and frequently.  Not the film again that likely Dave and I expected this was like a Bwy West End Musical fantasy using the music of his life to tell the story but...it was gorgeous, the cinematography is insane, it was artful and unique and most of all it was emo and heartbreaking and it connected me closer to a man I already had felt such a connection to as a child, when I would run into his records to hide from the reality of my childhood.

WAY better than Bohemian Rhapsody.
  • RoadRacerXRoadRacerX Posts: 823
    Love his music, but I'll pass.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Still not got round to seeing this. 
    Saw Yesterday, well, yesterday. 
    Laughed quite a bit, but you have to disconnect your brain for the premise to work. 
    Good tunes though. 
  • Dr Nick said:
    you have to disconnect your brain for the premise to work. 
    That's true for any opera or musical. Most people don't burst into song in everyday life.
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
    Gotta see this movie... We see Queen the Sunday after we get back from S America.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Saw it over Christmas. Wasn't expecting almost a "stage musical" style of thing, with no thought for chronology with regard to songs.
    I gather the actual "story" wasn't a million miles from what was happening, but there were huge jumps in the timeline. 

Prefer Bohemian Rhapsody, but this wasn't bad at all. 
  • FWIW, his recent autobiography is terrific.