New Whitesnake

If this is already posted somewhere else then sorry.. From the album FLESH & BLOOD.

Comments

• I like it quite a bit, which is amazing considering I seldom like new stuff. I find this incarnation of the band to be pretty good and David looks happy and sounds great. It sounds just like Whitesnake should sound these days,IMHO.

I also like they had a full blown production for this. I suppose the Snake moniker still carries some weight.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,772
    I don't love or hate it. Kinda middle of the road for me. An attempt at a hit single, which is ok. More interested in the deeper cuts, if there are any. I'm hoping for better. 
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,605
    It's straightforward party rock, with a good solo from Reb. Interesting, seeing as Joel did all the leadwork up to that point. 
    It'll do me for starters, let's see if they produce some more complex material as well. 
  • Not a bad song. Compositionally better than most new stuff I see. 

His voice has lost all that low end depth it use to have.  He's lost all of that. He's all head voice, and a nasal mess. 
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • I like the song and the chorus is memorable.  The vocals might sound fine if you'd never heard DC before, but for me I imagine they would sound so much better with the low end that's gone.  But kudos to him for working with what he has at this stage.  
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,463
    It's not a bad song and the guitar work is great....but in 2019 do we need aged 80's bands singing "Shut Up and Kiss Me"? Unless your a diehard Whitesnake fan or a fan of the players....who is going to buy that? I think Dave is too old to be fronting a hard rock party band. I think he and the band should keep rocking....but bring back some of that dirty blues based shit he used to do in the 70's. 
  • Just listening!

Rocker song, not bad.
    No writing R&R history, but fun.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,783
    How the mighty have fallen...    Coverdale should pack his Motley Crue starter kit and bring back some bluesy soulful  music. 
  • It's OK,  nothing memorable. It sounds like any generic rock band tbh.
  • M11M11 Posts: 841
    Not bad but not amazing either, although I really liked Reb's solo.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,783
    edited February 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    In 2019 do we need aged 80's bands singing "Shut Up and Kiss Me"? 
    In 2019, a statement like "Shut Up and Kiss Me" is actionable harassment!

Duojett71 said:
    I think he and the band should keep rocking....but bring back some of that dirty blues based shit he used to do in the 70's. 
    He doesn't have the voice for that anymore.  If it's still in there, we haven't heard it in ages. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,618
    Musically I think it is pretty good. The band are all monster players and they can pen a tune. It is more in line with the 'hair metal' era of the band (which I prefer) so I guess whether you like it or not depends on a lot how you feel about that style but yeah, Coverdale's voice is a mess.

As for the video and the lyrical content... Well, when guys in their 60s makes this kind of stuff I feel a bit uneasy but I guess you're never get to old to get laid... At least they objectify a wide diversity of women :lol: 
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,923
    edited February 2019
    From a financial sense, keeping with the late 80's styling of the band makes sense, as the 87 album is what made WS a household name. That said, aside from the Sykes factor I would much rather listen to the old, bluesier stuff.

DC sounds good on this, IMHO, because of the type of song  this is, but as Dave said, he is nowhere the vocalist he used to be. Which is a shame because he was great. I was just talking to a couple of female friends the other day and they got really excited when we mentioned WS, you can tell his voice made them swoon. Come to think about it, maybe DC is one of those guys who can get away with these lyrics LOL...
    Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on
  • Evolution . . .

Coverdale: "Slide it in. Right to the top, baby."
    Chick: "Um. No."
    Coverdale: "Take me down slow and easy? Make love to me slow and easy?"
    Chick: "Ahhh, I don't think so."
    Coverdale: "Right, then. Just shut up and kiss me."

• hahahaha oh so true...

you missed the last rejection from the girl. No kiss either...