David Gilmour's massive sale of 120 guitars, including THE black strat

Comments

• KK's main V, the 67 one sold for way, way more they all expected. And he is no Gilmour.

The black strat is going into a rich man's collection. I am thinking Hendrix's strat numbers. I mean, that thing was used to record Dark Side of the Moon, for god's sake...
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,581
    He's selling them off for charity. That is a very nice gesture actually. I hope they go for a ton of money :) 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,444
    Very nice.
    It's a very intelligent person when realized that, being older, you don't need for your guitars anymore, nor for that money, and you can make some good for somebody.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701

I mean, that thing was used to record Dark Side of the Moon, for god's sake...
    And many other gigantic classics.  Complete story and technical details here:

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,588
    I wonder if he knows Guitar Center pays cash for your old equipment?
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,322
    inmyhands said:
    I wonder if he knows Guitar Center pays cash for your old equipment?
    and get 10% off with a trade in....
  • DynagodDynagod Posts: 971
    edited February 2019
    Another important guitar offered in the June sale is Gilmour’s 1954 White Fender Stratocaster #0001 (estimate: $100,000-150,000). Gilmour acquired ‘The #0001 Stratocaster’ in 1978 and it has been used on several recordings including Another Brick in the Wall (Parts 2 and 3).

Why is the #0001 Fender stat going for so little?

Post edited by Dynagod on
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,551
    It's not really the first Stratocaster made even if the serial number is misleading.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2019
    yngwie666 said:
    It's not really the first Stratocaster made even if the serial number is misleading.

Exactly. It has more value for the fact that it's Gilmour's, not because it was the first made (which it isn't)
    Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on