Donation time: Site hosting for the next three years

On top of the $100/month security nonsense. It is now roughly $300 a year to host DRG.  I posted the screenshot below so that you can see I'm not bullshitting. We save 30% by committing to the next 3 years (which makes good sense -- 2019 is our 20th year!), and so far, I don't have any real issues with this hosting company. 

Yes. This shit has gotten expensive! I'm sorry.  It used to be next to nothing, and hackers didn't fuck with us.  It's a sad new world.

Please Donate what you can ASAP. If 30 regulars here (including me) could donate at least $30 each, that's $900. Any overage will go to the monthly security costs. Thanks for your continued support.

I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.

Comments

• BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
    Is there a donate button I'm not seeing somewhere Dave?
  • just paypal to: dave@dinosaurrockguitar.com
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,446
    It's done.
  • OskyOsky Posts: 1,043
    edited January 2019
    just paypal to: dave@dinosaurrockguitar.com
    Done - sorry its not more, money tight currently will make further donation later in year.
    Post edited by Osky on
  • Every bit helps, Chris. Thanks.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Done. 
  • Done Dave. Thanks for giving us the best site in the web.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,493
    edited January 2019
    Thanks to all of you who've donated thus far.

We still have a ways to go, folks.
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,591
    Think of Dino rock as a private island where only true lovers of electric guitar and guitar playing are granted access. Before marrying Wendy .....  Sancho would show up on a wooden ship with as many as 50 sexy women on board who followed just on the chance they could sample the wares of The Belgian Warlord. Because it was only a three day weekend four or five left unsatisfied. 

Think of Dino Rock as your online home / man cave / women cave, (I hesitate to think what they might get up to), / clubhouse, treehouse, house of the rising sun. It's a great place to be.

Looking at financial options? ........

Teeth. Many Dentists will pay good money for your teeth. Real teeth implants are big money.

Intimate encounters with other than human species. There's really big money in this. Bitcoin conversion is required.

Body parts. Got a part you really don't use? It just sort of hangs there and follows you around? Depending on the part you really never use and have no reason for supporting the extra weight, (marathon runners take note), you can gain income in a single afternoon at your local surgery center.

The options just cascade upon you when it comes to giving to a good cause!!

Dino Rock is a Super Good Cause!

Come on. A Freakin' little toe for a donation to The Rock!!!

Think about it!

• inmyhands said:

Looking at financial options? ........

Teeth. Many Dentists will pay good money for your teeth. Real teeth implants are big money.

The Nazis use to knock the teeth out and loot the gold filings.

DON'T MAKE ME GO THERE!
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,446
    Crazy but real =)
  • HEADS UP GUYS
    We're about half way there.  Those of you who haven't contributed yet, please do so.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    I'll contribute next week. Gotta keep this place going.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,582
    I have my monthly payments going but I'll chip in some more. This place must be kept alive <3 

Can I pay directly through the Patreon page? I don't have a PayPal-account (I don't think, don't remember the log in if I do)...