Def Leppard inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame...

Comments

• EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,321
    Yo Art - Tell that to my wife. She will still insist on putting the RS India award my band got in 2012 on display in the living room. We'd refused a nomination but they insisted and had the award delivered home after we didn't turn up for their award function. 
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,601
    Fake news!!!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,324
    Yo Art - Tell that to my wife. She will still insist on putting the RS India award my band got in 2012 on display in the living room. We'd refused a nomination but they insisted and had the award delivered home after we didn't turn up for their award function. 
    Your wife ordered that award from your local trophy dealer....
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,803
    Duojett71 said:
    Your wife ordered that award from your local trophy dealer....

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,591
    No matter where it came from ....... Congratulation Mr. Scum my friend. My wife and I enjoy your music very much.
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,551
    On a side note, Brian May and Roger Taylor were smart enough to get billed as "Queen + Adam Lambert" or "Queen + Paul Rodgers"  but never as "Queen" when they were playing without Freddy Mercury. On the other hand Campbell has been playing with Def Lep since 1992...Cannot say this can be considered as a guest appearance, even if his contribution to the band material is weak. 
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    We'd refused a nomination but they insisted and had the award delivered home after we didn't turn up for their award function. 

That's the upper level of rock stardom.  Better than these guys, who should have had that old lady delivered home, for display in their living room. 

• I think if you're English, it might be a little harder to thumb your nose at an investiture from QE2.

I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • And... Why only brit/usa bands? T
    yngwie666 said:
    On a side note, Brian May and Roger Taylor were smart enough to get billed as "Queen + Adam Lambert" or "Queen + Paul Rodgers"  but never as "Queen" when they were playing without Freddy Mercury. On the other hand Campbell has been playing with Def Lep since 1992...Cannot say this can be considered as a guest appearance, even if his contribution to the band material is weak. 
    10 years ago I'd read a litle strip saying "That's the new bassist for the Rolling Stones; 15 year after, he's still 'the new guy'".
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
    Neil Peart was always the new guy in RUSH..
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,803
    Brian Johnson is the new guy...
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,319
    Considering that Willis is the actual founder of the band, and appears on all their best albums, including most of Pyromania (his solos were replaced), he had better get inducted... Vivian has been in the band for nearly 30 years, longer than either Clarke or Willis, and appears on multiple albums, he has every business being included.

What's not fair is that Rick Allen's left arm isn't being inducted.

At least LL Cool J got snubbed again.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,324
    edited December 2018

Technically it is...because his left arm appears on the first 3 albums. Like Clarke, his arm is no longer among the living and able to receive the award.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • Duojett71 said:

Technically it is...because his left arm appears on the first 3 albums. Like Clarke, his arm is no longer among the living and able to receive the award.
    haha this is awesome
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,657
    I spit, curse, and outright will take down haters of the Lep.  To deny that band is to deny quality and I fucking HATE people who do so.  Def Leppard are.....the missing next link between where a band like The Sweet end and a band like AC/DC begin. It's heavy ass Glam Rock, with a dash of modern metallic and it's POP ALL THE WAY AT THE CENTER.  Fucking LOVE DEF LEPPARD.   

With you all the way, but why the fuck have they done a cover of Personal Jesus?