Neil Giraldo?

2»

Comments

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,212
    Wow, Crow, THAT was legendary! And the announcer didn't even get his name right - sounded like "Girardo" to me!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • inmyhands said:
    Lonesome Crow,
        You should down two pitchers prior to all of your posts. You could be a Dino Rock Superstar! A killer post for sure.

i'm still laughing at this, days later. 
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,895
    Wow, Crow, THAT was legendary! And the announcer didn't even get his name right - sounded like "Girardo" to me!(
    (Cracking Up)
  • I didn't know who he was before this thread, and I am a rock guitar nerd by all accounts. Of course I have heard the songs, downloaded some of them on my iPhone, but I was in kindergarden during their heyday and I never owned a Pat Benatar album either. If he was indeed "legendary" I am pretty sure I would know who he is, that said... ;)
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,212
    He does have the distinction of being the first guitar player shown on MTV, as Pat was the first woman shown. “You Better Run” was the second video shown on MTV, the first video was “Video Killed the Radio Star” by the Buggles with no guitars. 

But everybody knew that, I’m sure!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • He does have the distinction of being the first guitar player shown on MTV, as Pat was the first woman shown. “You Better Run” was the second video shown on MTV, the first video was “Video Killed the Radio Star” by the Buggles with no guitars. 

But everybody knew that, I’m sure!
    You're the Real Resident Neard.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,463
    Wow, Crow, THAT was legendary! And the announcer didn't even get his name right - sounded like "Girardo" to me!
    He probably thought he was introducing this guy:
    Image result for gerardo rico suave
    Duojett71 said:

Oh no, that ubiquitous video, with a guy who sounded like Speedy Gonzalez rapping. Really terrible stuff.

That's about right.

• He does have the distinction of being the first guitar player shown on MTV, as Pat was the first woman shown.
    He says that a lot.

Ignoring the fact that rhythm guitarist Scott Sheets was also in the video.

• Haffner said:
    Duojett71 said:

Oh no, that ubiquitous video, with a guy who sounded like Speedy Gonzalez rapping. Really terrible stuff.

That's about right.

Hahaha I actually remember that guy. He was big around my early teenage years... Now I can't unsee him when I think of Giraldo!!!
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,605
    That was amazing. Can we have an award for "post of the year"?
  • That was awesome!!!!! Shit I loved his playing before I read Crow's comments. Now I'm not sure..... B)
    That was awesome!!!!! Shit I loved his playing before I read Crow's comments. Now I'm not sure..... B)

It didn't change what I like about his playing for me. It was just incredibly hilarious. Crow might have written the post of the year there, certainly the most funny imo.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,463
    It was a funny post for sure.....but it doesn't change the fact that Giraldo was a certified badass guitar player who wrote or cowrote some great songs.
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557

Motherfuck him and his fragile short dick ego cunt attitude up the ass with the biggest steel dildo available on the dark web.
    Great post and I'll certainly reuse that sentence in my professional life...
    This said, I enjoyed their last live album, the guitar is more present than on the records (is this a surprise after this post ?).