The first DRG-designed Dino pedal!

2»

Comments

• Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Very interesting concept. 
    I don't think I'd be after one: I do a lot of tap tempo stuff, so I have a delay set at around 260ms, and then tap for anything slower. Plus I do the "side of the foot" thing for the repeat volume. 
    And I love my dotted 8ths. 

But I totally get where you're coming from - until I started tap tempo stuff this would have been exactly what I used if it existed. 
    Hope your market develops. 
  • Make it optional stereo/mono would be my only request. Put me down for one. Why not?
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,486
    edited November 2019
    I forgot to come back to this thread after the DRG 20th Anniversary Jam.  That Jam was one of the first opportunities I've had to really use this pedal in a realistic setting -- LIVE AND LOUD.  

I had originally set the TS9 section knobs the way I had them on my TS9, but that was producing that unwanted noise (which you can hear in the video above).  What I found at the jam was that I could back off the boost settings (by ear), until the noise went away, and still have enough boost to make the lead playing pop.  When I did that and found the boost section's sweet spot, the pedal worked exactly as I had hoped it would. You can hear the results when I'm playing leads in the jam video.
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    I will have to go back to the jam video and check it out. Do you find that with that pedal you can turn the gain down on the amp and reduce noise and feedback that way? On the recommendation of a friend I bought an overdrive pedal recently. I was complaining about feedback during rehearsals. So he recommended buying and overdrive pedal and turning the gain on the pedal all the way down but the volume on the pedal all the way up.....and turning the gain on the amp down some. I found it did reduce some of the feedback while opening the amp up a little more.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,486
    edited November 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    I will have to go back to the jam video and check it out. Do you find that with that pedal you can turn the gain down on the amp and reduce noise and feedback that way? On the recommendation of a friend I bought an overdrive pedal recently. I was complaining about feedback during rehearsals. So he recommended buying and overdrive pedal and turning the gain on the pedal all the way down but the volume on the pedal all the way up.....and turning the gain on the amp down some. I found it did reduce some of the feedback while opening the amp up a little more.
    I doubt it. In this case, I think the noise is just in that circuit on the pedal.  At the Jam I was running through the Blug Amp1 and really didn't mess with those settings. And it was the first times I was really running the Blug dino-loud through a 4x12.  So when we were setting up, I stepped on the thing and it was noisy, and I thought: I have a few minutes while everyone was setting up -- let met sort this out NOW. In a real context.  So I rolled back all the TS9 settings to 0, and noticed the noise stopped. I was left with just delay. So I started gradually bringing the TS9 settings back up, and increased each of the three knobs until I heard the noise coming back, then backed them back off until the noise stopped. I think this left me with more subtle boost settings than I had originally dialed up, but it was still enough boost. And when I engaged it during the jam, it sounded very natural. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.