Interfaces

BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
I'm afraid my old trusty Delta 1010 rack unit is failing.. :/

Recommendations anyone?

Midi is a must for my keyboard controller..

Comments

• What's your budget?
    What's your platform?
    How many channels do you need to record at one time?
    How much recording is ahead of you?
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,547
    1) Unlimited but frugal

2) Rackmount, Win 7, Reaper

3) one most of the time

4) A lifetime I hope Dave.. I love it, it's in my blood. Even when AA is kaput (tho I'm not looking forward to that) I'll still revert back to solo stuff and collabs.. :)
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,496
    edited August 2018
    With the unlimited budget, I'd go with some version of Apollo. They have a 1 channel Arrow, but I'd recommend at least getting the two channel Twin. The minute you commit to one input, you'll find you need two. If you ever plan to record live drums, get the 8 or the 16.  Any one of them let you run the UA plug-ins, which are truly the best modeled plug-ins on the market. Astounding stuff.
    https://www.uaudio.com/audio-interfaces.html

We recorded all the Fenits stuff with the original version of the 8, and a shitload of their plug-ins.

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,985
    With the unlimited budget, I'd go with some version of Apollo. They have a 1 channel Arrow, but I'd recommend at least getting the two channel Twin. The minute you commit to one input, you'll find you need two. If you ever plan to record live drums, get the 8 or the 16.  Any one of them let you run the UA plug-ins, which are truly the best modeled plug-ins on the market. Astounding stuff.
    https://www.uaudio.com/audio-interfaces.html

We recorded all the Fenits stuff with the original version of the 8, and a shitload of their plug-ins.

The Arrow has 2 channels. 
  • I thought they had a one channel version. Maybe it's called something else.
  • I have good luck with the Focusrite Scarlett 2 channel...suits all my needs perfectly right now.
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,985
    I thought they had a one channel version. Maybe it's called something else.
    I think the only big difference is that the Apollo Twin has more processing power, which is only relevant if you are going to run a lot of UAD plugins simultaneously. 
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,496
    edited August 2018
    MAdX said:
    I think the only big difference is that the Apollo Twin has more processing power, which is only relevant if you are going to run a lot of UAD plugins simultaneously. 
    That, however, IS KEY.  Because while their hardware isn't necessarily vastly better than say, Apogee's stuff, the UA plug-ins are the best, and they are what you want Apollo for.  They let you do amazing things and the more processing power you have to run them, the better.
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on