Dominant Diminished, only for fun

eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,444
5/4 and a groovy solo.
Only 2 minutes.

Comments

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,488
    this is completely bitchin.  i’ve really started incorporating more advanced harmonic ideas into my music lately.  everything to me has to be bluesy and swing a bit, so it takes a bit of work to fit more complicated ideas into that framework.  examples like this are key to how i learn, whereby a new idea can be understood within the context of the music.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,444
    this is completely bitchin.  i’ve really started incorporating more advanced harmonic ideas into my music lately.  everything to me has to be bluesy and swing a bit, so it takes a bit of work to fit more complicated ideas into that framework.  examples like this are key to how i learn, whereby a new idea can be understood within the context of the music.
    That kind of composing it's not natural to me; I'm more into riffing and chord changes.
    Even singles line  riffs are hard to me. I was thinking on some Vai song, and I started with the drumming, and though that some diminished was better than other flavour to that grove. I did the 4 first bars, monday. Yesterday, I did the rest, and today I'd finished the parts.

The solo groove is inspired a bit by VH's Pleasure Dome. I started some random bass playing, and after, filled with some chord and unison guitars.

So, I think I'm used to compose in a band context, where people start improvising, and filling one the other's thing, and, this time, I did the same, with myself.

The point is: even not being natural to you, think like if it's a regular scale based composition. Work on it searching a melody, or something and fill it with what is founded on the scale of the moment. Perharps today will sound like crap, but, as the thing grows on you, you'll like it and make it better.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    I think it's awesome. There's a Voivod vibe in the riffing. 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,444
    I think it's awesome. There's a Voivod vibe in the riffing. 

hank you.

Dont listened to Voivod ever. Ill chek out.
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,654
    I dig that a lot. Very cool and unique.