yanni or laurel, and what it means.

2»

Comments

• SirionSirion Posts: 3,115
    I first heard 'Yanni' (not Yanny), then listened for 'Laurel', heard it, and now I can't unhear it! :lol: 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    The first time I heard it is sounded like Yalaurel.....and from the second time on all I hear is Laurel. I really am not sure how either name can be perceived as the other. They don't sound anything alike.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,442
    LAUREL!
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,480
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,488
    Dynagod said:
    Well its sadly true, the majority of us are now scientifically proven to have shitty hearing. lol

Hearing laurel means all those hours of standing in front of a wall of 4x12's and listening to close field drummers has come back to haunt us and our high frequency hearing is shot.

Im personally kind of happy that my hearing has rounded off a bit, I was a super anal retentive tuner. Losing a little bit of hearing helps to curb that habit a bit! 

between machine guns, boom bap nightclub bass, paiste rude symbols, and 50w marshalls, i have constant tinnitus, and i’m gonna guess i’m not alone, here on DRG with this issue.  i too, have noticed my tonal preferences evolving.  on my iPhone speaker, i hear both yanni and laurel at the same time.  if i’m listening for yanni, that’s what i hear.  if i’m listening to laurel, i hear laurel.  this is a pretty clever thing, whoever put this together.