Epiphone Richie Faulkner Flying V

Comments

• LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,375
    I can't decide if I like this one or the Brent Hinds signature more. They are both really cool. 
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,308
    That's the situation I found myself in.. I couldn't decide between the Faulkner and Hinds Vs.. It finally boiled down to having enough Floyd equipped instruments around here and wanting a V for Rhythms.. So I grabbed a Brent Hinds V
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 8,447
    I recently sold a Brent Hinds V at work. Very nice guitar...although the neck was a little on the fat side. I really like the Faulkner V....but I wish it only had the half pick guard. Still it would not be a deal breaker...and the neck is supposed to be slimmer. I am not really an EMG guy but the pups in the Faulkner are those Retro Active series that sound more passive. So the guitar is very appealing to me.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,350
    I find myself GASing for it. Made in Indonesia allegedly, so should be OK.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,153
    I'd go for the Hinds because the Floyd bridge is a turn-off for me, but both models look very cool.  
    The neck on the Hinds is huge.. But I like it  B)
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,566
    edited April 18
    I was just about to order one, when Joost and Vincent desuaded me, because "epiphone was chinese made and rubbish", so I went out and bought an Indonesian made Strandberg instead, at 4 times the price or so.
    Go figure.
    But I am very satisfied with my Strandberg, sounds, workmanship AND playabillity, so...
    Thanks a bunch, Buddies !!

Post edited by Agrippa on
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,350
    Wait, an Indonesian Strandberg is over 3000 euro???
    Holy Flurkingschmidt  :o
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 790
    Epiphone really is knocking it out of the park lately. Normally I wouldn't give them a second glance, but these look much better than most of Gibson's Vs lately. And now I am really curious for a V with a floyd...
  • Agreed-I’ve had a Gibson Goth V and one of their faded V’s (with the  moon inlays) and was underwhelmed by both.

The RF and the The Epiphone Bonamassa V are both intriguing and I saw a tan V by a company called Bacchaus. Anyone know anything about them?