Warren out of Ratt

SirionSirion Posts: 2,952
http://metalsludge.tv/guitarist-wanted-ratt-have-fired-lead-guitarist-warren-demartini-say-multiple-industry-sources/

Now, I think most can agree that Warren is what keeps most people interested in Ratt at this point, which leads to the question: If he were to join Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience, would that be the more legitimate version of the two?

What a joke. I love Ratt, but there's something strange going on when these guys, who must be nearing their sixties, still don't manage to get along, even though they are worth so much together than apart.

Comments

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 915
    edited March 22
    too many of these LA bands take themselves too seriously.  i’m sure their scumbag management takes them too seriously too, and lets them all act like toddlers so they won’t notice they’re being skimmed.  i love the music but that scene is a joke.
    Post edited by bourbonsamurai on
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,943
    edited March 22
    They're living the 80's dream (them and theyr managers) while that's no more money to grab (or, at least, no so big money).
    Ratt is not interesesting at all, those days. Warren should put his name in something great and continue working 'till retirement age.
    Not time to start anything new.
    Post edited by eduardoritos on
  • They're living the 80's dream (them and theyr managers) while that's no more money to grab (or, at least, no so big money).
    Ratt is not interesesting at all, those days. Warren should put his name in something great and continue working 'till retirement age.
    Not time to start anything new.
    absolutely.  i’d much rather hear a Demartini solo record than from just about any other guitarist.
    Yes, Warren is great. Sincerely, the only thing about Ratt I like. Not the songs or drumming or songwriting.

He should grab the Whitesnake or something alike wave, and got some money.
  • SirionSirion Posts: 2,952
    edited March 22
    For what it is worth, I thought Infestation was a great record. If they could continue to put out material on that level, I would have counted them in the top league of present-day dinos. Pearcy will never be a great singer, but I thought the band sounded great, and the songs were there. Unfortunately, that was released eight years ago (we've had four good to GREAT Accept records in the same timeframe), and there has been no music but plenty of drama since.
    Post edited by Sirion on
  • SirionSirion Posts: 2,952

He should grab the Whitesnake or something alike wave, and got some money.

Didn't Blotzer reveal some time back that he had married into the family owning Mars Inc.? If so, I suspect he doesn't need the money.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 16,262
    They play cruise ships.  I think they all need the money.
    Life is easier, so much easier, life is easier now.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,350
    There's a difference between "playing cruise ships" and performing on one of those metal cruises that seem to be booming business.

Which doesn't mean these shenanigans aren't pathetic and puerile.
    For fuck's sake. Get along for the couple of hours you need to spend together. It's a job.
    Point is, those cruises are the best gigs they have these days.
  • Old SchoolOld School Posts: 755
    I've also heard that Warren doesn't need the money, and isn't really interested in touring. So I could see where that would be a problem for the rest of the guys.

Problem is, they're a bar band without him.

I've also heard that Warren doesn't need the money, and isn't really interested in touring. So I could see where that would be a problem for the rest of the guys.

Problem is, they're a bar band without him.

Ies, Carlos Cavazo can't fill Warren's shoes (even liking Carlos playing).
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,180
    I think this world needs a third Ratt spin off. Demartini's Round and Round featuring Dino Cazares, Chris Glen, and Gene Hoglan.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,350
    Don't forget Jackson bro.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 790
    Saw this on FB last night. Couldn't believe it then and still can't.

I guess there's someone out there who thinks as long as Pearcy is there they'll be fine. And that someone is an idiot. Warren is the sole reason that band matters.

I guess they could get another guitar player along with Cavazo and the average joe would be none the wiser. Hell, people were actually showing up for Blotzer's gig.

But any chance for a decent record is done, as well as my interest for watching them live.
    Priest is touring without Tipton or Downing.

Just sayin'